• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Cardiff or Curado

PTocko

Can get a used Curado 200 or a new Cardiff 200 for about the same price, mainly used for northern / bass fishing, cranks spinners etc. Seem very similar other than round versus low profile. Opinions welcome. Thanks, Paul

it really depends on what feel better to you. The cardiff is a round reel, the Curado is a low profile. I prefer the low profile myself, but the cardiff is a very nice reel. If doing more pike fishing I would lean towards the cardiff as I think you can get more line on it.

But for bass, I would lean more towards the Curado.

I haven't used a Curado but I have a couple Cardiffs. I have to believe they hold more line.

They cast most everything I fish with just fine but I like tossing bigger lures. If you'r using smaller stuff, go with the Curado.

Or better yet - both!