• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

seriously a ticket?

LoonState

Originally Posted By: Here-Kitty-Kitty
Hold on now they are out there doing there job! You may not like what they are doing, but its what they are there to do. If she wasn't somewhere else then at that moment she was assigned to anything, and she is free to patrol. Like Tom said rules are rules and they are they for some reason or another like that or not thats how it is. I do agree that this is a dumb law, but thats what it is, these guys knew it and took that risk. Its just a safer version of Russian roulette. One pull your safe and the next BAM!!

yes they were doing there job and i agree with that but to clarify this a little, we had no idea the park closes at ten we were there two nights earlier with other people till about 11:00pm. There are no signs posted in the parking lot in the entrance to the parking lot on the path to the pier or on the Pier itself. yes I know she was doing her job but holy [PoorWordUsage] $120. that's alot to me especially since i have been out of work for about the last 6 months and i wont be going back to work till the end of this month. I thought it would $30 maybe $50 dollars tops. Oh well lesson learned i guess.

I would go and take pictures of the area and the show the judge that there are no signs saying that it is closed at ten oclock and may be he'll throw it out or knock the fine down. worst thing that could happen is you still have to pay 120.00 fine

just a thought

If the park hours arent marked anywhere, you would have a good chance taking it to court and pleading your case. Take some pictures and prepare yourself accordingly. Most times the judge will side with you if you have a valid case.

Yeah $120 is quite ridiculous...should have given you a warning seeing that you guys weren't doing anything wrong (just enjoying some fishin').

I agree with you totally Jeff, but who knows they could have been having some recent problems and they are trying to crack down in that area.

Also yes take your pics of the fact that there are not any clearly posted signs. Also don't bring up the fact that there was others coming out of the park after you and that she did nothing about it. It would make you look rather childish and as if your complaining, which will never help your case.

Good luck

Hold on now they are out there doing there job! You may not like what they are doing, but its what they are there to do. If she wasn't somewhere else then at that moment she was assigned to anything, and she is free to patrol. Like Tom said rules are rules and they are they for some reason or another like that or not thats how it is. I do agree that this is a dumb law, but thats what it is, these guys knew it and took that risk. Its just a safer version of Russian roulette. One pull your safe and the next BAM!!

All they had to do once they found out the guys were just catching bullheads is give them a warning. No need to bust them with a $120 fine, especially during these times. She must have wanted to show her "authoritah."

I agree that a warning would have been the better road to go down, but thats her right. Also people need to knock off this " ESPECIALLY DURING THESE TIMES " [PoorWordUsage]. It is what it is so we all need to just deal with what we are being forced to deal with.

I'm not trying to argue with you KMR85 just we come from different sides of the street.

Speaking from another side of it ....

The chances that Officer will even appear in court to argue over a "curfew" citation have got to be pretty slim. whistle

Its worth going to court just based on that probability.

Also if you go to court the judge can allow you to pay the fine in payments or even a few months from now given your current out of work status. That would make it worth while also. grin

Its not the fines that catch up to you... its the darn court surcharges that raise to crazy figures. Take a look at the new seatbelt law. The fine is only $25. But toss in the court fees and that baby will run you a cool $115 + depending on what county your in. cry

it's not a curfew violation I'm 26.. Yea well i am definitely going to be attending the court room appearance. Even if they don't mind dismissing my case i hope they will let me make some sort of payment plan. Otherwise i am going to be in some seriouse trouble... Since to be honest i probably wont be able to make a straight up payment. One of the main reasons i am fighting it..

The chances that Officer will even appear in court to argue over a "curfew" citation have got to be pretty slim. whistle

Bad Advise on this portion. I'm a Sgt and my officers know that if they write a citation they will be in court if the citation is contested with very few exceptions. I'm not that familiar with State/City courts as I am Federal but with us if you dont pay the Citation and skip court a bench warrant is issued for failure to appear. Given what I have read here about that lack of signage informing you of park hours it would be well worth your time to contest the ticket. Pictures are worth a thousand words, practice what your going to say, Stay on topic and have your ducks in a row. You can be sure that the officer is going to be prepared, officers that arent dont spend long as officers and yes the court will work with you if you end up losing your case. Good luck!

Hey quack I'm not saying that its not hard for me as well. I'm 26 10month old baby soon to be wife ( so having to pay for wedding ) and I'm trying to become a cop or Game warden ( which costs a lot of money as skee0025 would know ). I am merely saying that using that line is becoming a cop out for most ( not saying you ). Just that there are a lot of people out there that will use it to there advantage and sponge off of the rest ( and not talking about unemployment as you work you earn it )

Originally Posted By: Big A

Bad Advise on this portion. I'm a Sgt and my officers know that if they write a citation they will be in court if the citation is contested with very few exceptions. I'm not that familiar with State/City courts as I am Federal but with us if you dont pay the Citation and skip court a bench warrant is issued for failure to appear. Given what I have read here about that lack of signage informing you of park hours it would be well worth your time to contest the ticket. Pictures are worth a thousand words, practice what your going to say, Stay on topic and have your ducks in a row. You can be sure that the officer is going to be prepared, officers that arent dont spend long as officers and yes the court will work with you if you end up losing your case. Good luck!

That wasnt "ADVICE" -- It was a statement.

guarantee on the payment plan. That is 100% possible.

I got a parking ticket in maple grove when i went fishing because i had my car parked there, no cars unless they have a trailer, no parking any place close to the access at all and the lot was no where near full and still got a ticket. Where am i suppose to park, cant park on the street either? I dont get this [PoorWordUsage]

it's not a curfew violation I'm 26.. Yea well i am definitely going to be attending the court room appearance. Even if they don't mind dismissing my case i hope they will let me make some sort of payment plan. Otherwise i am going to be in some seriouse trouble... Since to be honest i probably wont be able to make a straight up payment. One of the main reasons i am fighting it..

If you are upfront with the Judge they will consider everything. They are not out to just get you. Thats if you lose.