• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

seriously a ticket?

LoonState

So me and two friends were out catching bullheads at one of our best little ponds in west st Paul. We got done fishing at about 10:30 and walked back to the truck and were talking for a minute and a sheriff pulls into the lot along with 3 west st. Paul cops and gives us a ticket for being in the park after 10:00. anyone ever gotten one of these, was wondering how much it is cause she said she didn't know and we would be mailed something in about 2-3 weeks. I think that is the last time my buddy from lindstrom is going to come hang out with us while we are fishing.

If any of them bullheads would have died while she was writing us are tickets i think i would have to go to court and ask for restitution in the amount of the fine it is for being in a park after 10. I could see if we were partying or starting trouble but come on FISHING. She needs to get a life.

Yeah man I posted about this on your facebook but down here we can get a permit to park after hours. I was bugged before I got that though and the cops were really nice after they realized my girlfriend and I were just Catfishing. We still had to leave but there were like 3 cars with their lights on and everything...

yea i have gotten talked to before by the park patrol down by lilydale. Once they realized i was just fishing they said i could stay. But this lady seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder before we even got one word in.

I have always made it a practice to be out of the park at the closing time as one can and will get tagged for after hours.

It would be nice if they would be open later but a few have ruined it for all the others.

Thats always the story, a select few can't behave and then the stricter rules are put in place.

Hold on now they are out there doing there job! You may not like what they are doing, but its what they are there to do. If she wasn't somewhere else then at that moment she was assigned to anything, and she is free to patrol. Like Tom said rules are rules and they are they for some reason or another like that or not thats how it is. I do agree that this is a dumb law, but thats what it is, these guys knew it and took that risk. Its just a safer version of Russian roulette. One pull your safe and the next BAM!!

Yup, like Tom said, a select few probably ruined it for others. Years ago it might have been the perfect place for drug deals or partys. We don't know. That would also probably explain the multiple units involved. Too bad some people have to ruin it for everyone elso who wants to use the park for what it was made for.

Hold on now they are out there doing there job! You may not like what they are doing, but its what they are there to do. If she wasn't somewhere else then at that moment she was assigned to anything, and she is free to patrol. Like Tom said rules are rules and they are they for some reason or another like that or not thats how it is. I do agree that this is a dumb law, but thats what it is, these guys knew it and took that risk. Its just a safer version of Russian roulette. One pull your safe and the next BAM!!

yes they were doing there job and i agree with that but to clarify this a little, we had no idea the park closes at ten we were there two nights earlier with other people till about 11:00pm. There are no signs posted in the parking lot in the entrance to the parking lot on the path to the pier or on the Pier itself. yes I know she was doing her job but holy [PoorWordUsage] $120. that's alot to me especially since i have been out of work for about the last 6 months and i wont be going back to work till the end of this month. I thought it would $30 maybe $50 dollars tops. Oh well lesson learned i guess.