Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dellfin

Chev and GMC Driving Lights...What's up with the single light?

9 posts in this topic

It seems like every 2 out of 3 early to mid 2000's Chevy or GMC pickup truck or SUV I see has only one front driving light illuminated. Is that by design, a defect in the harness or bulb(s), or what?

Those bulbs blow quick. Most people have no idea they go out and drive around for a long time with one light on.

I switched mine over to orange (I know... rebel) years ago and have yet to replace them since.

I replace a lot of them! grin

The original bulbs are "long life" bulbs. Many get replaced with regular bulbs. Sometimes the long lifes last longer and sometimes they don't.

yeah its the bulbs. buy the better more expensive ones. they should last longer, but not neccessarily

I bought some amber running lights for GM and are going on 4 years. I think the part # may be the running lights from the corvette.

I switched mine over to orange (I know... rebel) years ago and have yet to replace them since.

Ditto

You have to be very careful not to touch the bulb when you install them. The oil from your skin will cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

Funny this is mentioned. One of my runners went out this week, '03 Silverado.

You have to be very careful not to touch the bulb when you install them. The oil from your skin will cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

The bulbs are only 4114, 3157, 3357 or some other variation. There just regular taillight bulbs so you don't need to be as careful as you would if you where installing a halogen or HID type headlight.