• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Molly's buddy was put down last wknd!

GotOne

Sad to say we put down our "old girl" last wknd. Abbey has been a great dog and dear family member for almost 14 years. The picture is a photo of a picture (sorry for the quality-not the best, but it was a special day and the only pic I had). It's the first rooster my son shot over Abbey.

Boy, it was a tough day, our family gave hugs and kisses to Abbey and shed a lot of tears over the decision. In my heart, I knew it was time, but what a tough call! Molly sure misses her-as do we all. Bye, "old girl", thanks for the memories!

018.jpg

That's tough to hear, it always makes me think back to putting down my first 2 labs. Although it does get easier with time, there will always be an area, sound, smell or bird that will bring the good memories flooding back. Sorry to hear about one of your family.

Hey Bill, I'm really sorry to hear about Abbey. I've never been through that myself so I can only imagine how tough it is. It sounds like you have a lot of great memories, and one AWESOME picture!

Molly will be the better of a dog after spending her brief year wih Abbey. There is something about a young dog learning a little bit of the 'ropes' of life from a grizzled old veteran.

Hold on to all those memories, for when they are in your heart and mind, and burn in your soul, Abbey will never truley leave your side.

Godspeed Abbey!

Good Luck!

Ken

Never easy. But comes a time when it's the right thing to do. Courage is a natural for the dogs, sometimes we humans have to work at it a bit.

Your life is that much more rich due to her life. Consider yourself a lucky man - we all are when our dogs come into the picture.