Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

Don Williams Lake Fishing Reports

1 post in this topic

Have fun checking all the info below and let's swap info. We'd hope to hear from you too.

Iowa Fishing reports - Click here for even more SW Iowa info

Bluegill - Good: Bluegills can still be caught shallow using crawlers under a bobber or by drifting in 8-10 feet of water with a split shot and small piece of crawler. Largemouth Bass - Good: Largemouth are hitting using plastics or spinner baits fished near wood structure. There are good fish up to 20 inches. Crappie - Fair: Drift fishing mid lake on the upper half with small tube jigs or minnows has produced is producing some fish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• That is a very nice Pimple spear!   They are hard to find. I bought a couple of them from Jerry Kelm. He said Pimple used spring steel from hay rake tines to make the spear tines.    I have not seen one in person with chromed or nickel finish like that, but there is a picture of one that looks exactly like yours on page 2015 of  the book "Ice Fishing Spears" by Marcel Salive. I actually wonder if it is the same spear. I heard Mr. Salive was selling off some spears about 5 years ago.    Are you going to be our tomorrow? If so PM me and I will bring the book out to give you a look. TS and I are going to out in the morning. 
    • Well, you were never very good at comprehension so your reply doesn't come as a surprise. 
    • Neither one is real big on massive debt and free govt. bennies, I'll give you that.   Just thought I would mention Reagan's libertarianism, since D2E brought it up..
    • Well, the Republicans have JV so I believe that is check mate for our side.
    • Angels Envy is a real nice sipper but a little bit pricey. Then again I have never met a bourbon I hated....just did not like it as much as others
    • Hey Dotch, that your avanti parked at Heartland Tire on south broadway and 28th in Rochester?   
    • Like the Evan Williams too, especially when watching the $. Don't remember even hearing of the other. 
    • There is libertainism and there is the Libertarian Party.  One has some good points and the Party is full of whackos.   
    • Evan Williams, black label, is my regular whiskey.    It is quite good and a tremendous value.   Haven't heard of the other one. 
    • While they may look complicated and scary to work with, it is not too difficult. A little practice and creativity. First pic is done by means of hand tossing (or little different pattern is by spray bottle) xylene or denatured alcohol onto epoxy. Sticks, leaf blowers/hairdryers, back rolling/ Swedish trowels all give a certain pattern. You can see in pic 2 back rolling can give an acid stain appearance. Pic 3 is blown. Just a bummer product price is not super friendly. However epoxy can take quite a beating, including acids.
  • Our Sponsors