Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
finnbay

Ridin' the information highway...

...or something like that. Steve and I went out lookin' for moose again this morning. No moose, but couldn't hit the SNF trails without clickin' the shutter a bit.

Swung by Steve's stash of dragon's mouth:

Dragon-Mouth-1.jpg

Crab spider with his dinner on a wild rose petal:

Crab-Spider.jpg

First pitcher plant flowers I've seen this year:

Pitcher-Plant-1.jpg

Pitcher-Plant-2.jpg

A clump of spotted coral root:

Spotted-CR-T.jpg

Some "puddling" swallowtails:

SwallowTail1.jpg

Twinflowers:

Twin-Flowers.jpg

And one "bonus bunny" when I got home:

bunny.jpg

I am so impressed with your knowledge of flora. I got excited about photographing a bright lime prairie plant with a back drop of reddish prairie grasses. Looked it up on the Wiscon. HSOforum, and it had a stop sign indicating the plant was invasive and needed to be eradicated immediately. Talk about deflating. So much for sojourning into the world of botany. I'll just absorb as much as I can from you guys a while longer. These are absolutely beautiful. Your rose and pitcher plants are wonderful, Ken. And that last dragon's mouth is out of this world, Steve. Now I think I understand why you would get down on your belly for the shot.

Great shots ol' buddy! I particularly like the first butterfly shot. Your emerald came out very nice. I had a couple that were okay, but not good enough to post.

I kinda looked past this when I first started working on these photos. These are two arethusa that are backlit from about a 1:00 position. All I've done with this is some cropping and a little shadows/highlights work and it came out looking almost like an abstract. I usually don't intend to do this kind of work, but it grew on me.

DMA.jpg

I kinda looked past this when I first started working on these photos. These are two arethusa that are backlit from about a 1:00 position. All I've done with this is some cropping and a little shadows/highlights work and it came out looking almost like an abstract. I usually don't intend to do this kind of work, but it grew on me.

Stunning!!!!!

Steve and Ken - you both have a wonderful series of shots. Hope to see some of this floral and fauna next week in Zippel and Garden Island.

Very impressive gents! They're all wonderful, however Ken's butterflies in flight really works for me! Thank you both for sharing this fine display!