• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas gauge not working on Alumacraft-Help!

RainyEye

This is my 2nd Alumacraft and the first time I've encountered a problem of an inoperative gas gauge on the console panel. Before I start looking for the solution I thought I'd just ask for any suggestions anyone might have. Thanks!

Marine man or anyone else: I followed the diagnostics down to the jumper wire, the fuel gauge didn't respond so I'm assuming it's a bad gauge. My question is, if I replace the guage does it need to be compatible with the sending unit or doesn't it matter? Thanks again!!!

Gas guages are pretty standard as far as function, but try to find one that will match your existing guages. Did you verify that you have 12 volts going to the guage on the purple wire? did you verify you have a good ground?

I also have an issue and was wondering if there are any safety concerns to take into consideration when removing the sending unit from the tank with gas still in it? I am a little nervous about connecting and disconnecting a source of voltage on the sending unit to troubleshoot.

A very ligitimate concern. When removing the sending unit itself from the tank, disconnect the battery and secure the cable leads. To toubleshoot the sender, you can run separate grounding wire to a safer location.