Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LPCrowRiverFisherman

Not exactly sure on these 3 ID's

12 posts in this topic

I think that redpole is actually a fence grin

I'm guessing #3 is a Chipping Sparrow. Cute little guy,

Great Egret

Tundra Swans

Clay-colored Sparrow ( You can see a split in the crown and the dark auricular = ear patch)

Mike H.

The first one is definitely an great egret. I have no idea about the third.

The second is a swan, for sure. But I don't know which one. I thought the only way to tell swans apart was the bill color and bands on the face.

Borealhunter, how can you tell that is a Tundra?

Boreal Hunter is definately correct about the sparrow id. On the swans, I would want to know what month the image was taken. The other two images seem to indicate summer or at least late spring images from (this year?). If the swan image was from late spring/summer, I would think that the diffault id would be trumpeter swan.

the swans were heading north in December, kind of didn't need to really know the id right away. It's nice to know I saw a kind of sparrow I have never recognized before.

Being there is only two I'd guess trumpeters.

Tundras seen in MN are always migrating and usually in big flocks.

Did they look huge?

Seems the tundras are ALWAYS, well mostly always very noisy in flight too.

BUT,

Ya just never know.

I'd say trumpeters also. There are hundreds of them that spend all winter around Monticello area.

egret

and trumperter swans, black bills give it away, and also tundra swans are in the tundra now.

last one looks like a english sparrow.

I think that redpole is actually a fence grin

Now that is funny right there. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Thanks for the link.
    •   Well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday have all come and gone. And nothing came, because your link is Zero Hedge.     I just took that straight from Wikipedia. It's amazing home much those last few words just keep showing up.
    • http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/   This is what you are looking for.
    •   Sounds like the House of Reps. who pulled their AHCA (Ryan/Trump  Care) so when their fellow Rep. voted it down every one would know who was against or for it. Now none of them have to explain how they voted, the same as how some on here weasel out of explaining their statements, by reverting to name calling.
    • caught my first fish with a lamprey on it and also got a 35 inch pike on a salamander. 

•   Bafflegab! Hot darn! I like that! Is that like my psychobabble, aka Mayospeak , or to quote Thurber, Pussgrapple or even Cussgravy? I haveta remember that!  "Bafflegab found in this one"?! Go look on the health thread, where yer buddy juicedup gets yammering away at you! ! Now THERE's some  real balderdash and twaddle! Yes, some good, informative threads used to exist here! Once in awhile, you can even run across one! Gotta look hard! 
    • The bite was on last week. With 4 guys we caught over 700 fish in 3.5 days.  And I don't care if anyone believes me or not.  Actually 700 is probably a conservative estimate because we had to have averaged at least 50 fish per person per day and it was probably much more than that.  Yes some of them were 10" saugers but there were many 16 to 20"+ walleye and the crappie size was the nicest I've seen in 4 years with no keepers under 12" and several 13-14" with 2 at 15.25".  All of the pavement pounding and scouting this winter and last week really paid off on this trip!  This is the most hardcore group of guys I fish with and they really know how to put the smackdown on these fish.   
    •   If you guys need fishing advice just ask. I've never had a problem sharing. 
    • Any time I have ever tried that it creates havoc with the sonar until it floats back up the hole and is removed but if anyone has a fix for this let me know.
  • Our Sponsors