• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's new?!

Alright!! I have the next 4 days off!! But the bad thing is, we're NOT fishing. We're painting the cabin. Doesn't being a grown up really stink sometimes? Can't JUST go and do whatever you want to do whenever you want to (except for glenn and ULT smirk )

I'm still working on getting my paperwork in to start full time nursing classes this Fall. I start my clinicals in October and I'm getting a little nervous/excited. Change isn't always the easiest thing for me. crazysmile

The tomato plants are doing very very good! I'll have to take a pic of them this week. Bet you can't wait-the excitement is killing you! winkgrin (I think I better get away from the nursing home a little more often! jeesh eekblushgrin )

My son will be getting his driver's permit soon. That's going to be weird having him driving me or Jim around! eek

hey welcome back. and whatta mean except for glenn and ULT?? grinlaugh i work to. laugh i will be headed north to this weekend, taking my 12 year old grandson with. looking forward to it. i'm not liking the idea when you say your painting knowing your selling the place, means the chances of meeting up with you and jim become smaller. eekfrowncrazy since this last mess of rian my garden has really shot up, tomatoes grew a foot the last week and i had the best radish crop ever.

I sure am glad you got your smilies to work glenn! grin

Going back to school and getting out of my old line of work is a really good thing. I was getting really burnt out doing daycare. It's that whole "close one door, open another" deal. I'm sure that's how it'll be with the cabin. We love it up there so we'll be back. It'll just take time.

I sure am glad you got your smilies to work glenn! grin

Going back to school and getting out of my old line of work is a really good thing. I was getting really burnt out doing daycare. It's that whole "close one door, open another" deal. I'm sure that's how it'll be with the cabin. We love it up there so we'll be back. It'll just take time.

me too! the smileys i mean. laugh

Hey Lisa - awesome about school and clinical work - you're moving on up.

Yes getting away from the nursing home once in awhile is a good thing. Not fishing is a bad thing, painting the cabin, a good and bad thing. crazy

Oh cmon, you could squeeze a little time out for fishing. I have a fishing excursion on Pokie Sunday, you could run away for a couple of hours and pretend you are our medic. We have room.

Oh cmon, you could squeeze a little time out for fishing. I have a fishing excursion on Pokie Sunday, you could run away for a couple of hours and pretend you are our medic. We have room.

awesome idea Barb - get that girl out on the water - for crying-out-loud, a girl needs to fish !!!

Got home tonight after 9 hours on Pokegama. We had two pizza parties booked today that were sold in a silent auction. I was captain from 1-6 and co captain 6-10. The first group we had a 95 year old mom and her 72 year old daughter, and 82 old woman who kept making eyes at all the young guys riding by on the jet skis. I laughed as hard, if not harder than our Mille Lacs women's GTG's. We fished, told dirty jokes, ate pizza and had a wonderful afternoon. The second group were younger and more subdued, which was good or I would have passed out from exhaustion. I will sleep like a rock tonight. I can't believe how much fun this is.

Congrats Hope!! That is awesome! What a pretty name. I think it's great how so many people are going back to old fashioned names.

Well, I'm back from the cabin and we got a ton done. We got 2 coats of paint on it and all the trim done except for the 2 north facing windows. I even stained the front porch. It looks very nice. But no fishing was done this weekend. Hopefully in a couple weeks when I go back up??!! Then I'll have something to report?!

Congrats Hope!! That is awesome! What a pretty name. I think it's great how so many people are going back to old fashioned names.

Well, I'm back from the cabin and we got a ton done. We got 2 coats of paint on it and all the trim done except for the 2 north facing windows. I even stained the front porch. It looks very nice. But no fishing was done this weekend. Hopefully in a couple weeks when I go back up??!! Then I'll have something to report?!

lisa, we got to fish. smirksmirklaughwhistlewhistle