• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Huge bass from may 20 to present

indymusky

in that last pic is that the lake that once held "dotty" the 25lb bass that 2 guys fished everyday to catch it but than it died? make sure you buy a few 4x8 sheets of plywoood, 2x4s and a jiffy to ease the winters.. nice fish!!!!

Bass fishing is good in MN, but you won't catch the hog daddys like you do in warmer climates. We have some other great fish like walleyes, muskies, northern pike, trout, etc. There is plenty of good fishing in MN, and youll find the lakes aren't nearly as pressured as the lakes in southern california. good luck

Indmusky,

Looks like you were fishing Dixon lake and Diamond Valley Lake.

I too moved from San Diego (Mira Mesa) to MN. Gosh I miss catching those 10+ lbs bass.

Bass fishing here is a lot different. Most lakes are not deep and are full of weeds. The approach is a lot different too. You probably did a lot of drop shot down there, but here it is mostly top water and you will definetly need to get braided line.

Bassin is great in this state. Cali sure must be great. You have some picture taking "skills". BUT coming from a warmer climate i honestly expected bigger and more "ligit" pics of some whoppers. Put up a pic of a Minnesota 22" and above (with said ligit yardstick) and you'll earn kudos. Sorry, but not impressed with coming from S Cal.

Bassin is great in this state. Cali sure must be great. You have some picture taking "skills". BUT coming from a warmer climate i honestly expected bigger and more "ligit" pics of some whoppers. Put up a pic of a Minnesota 22" and above (with said ligit yardstick) and you'll earn kudos. Sorry, but not impressed with coming from S Cal.

lol, what the heck are you talking about. Some peoples children

No kidding, that takes some nerve to say something like that. Who do you think you are mudslinger? Those comments are best kept to yourself. I seriously can't believe that post! A big fish is different to each person, not everyone is KVD like you.

Hey Indy,

Nice fish!!!

and

Welcome to FM you will find that the overwhelming majority of the members on the boards are very helpful. The moderators do a good job of keeping things in check, which is hard to do with so many members. Look forawd to future posts.

The bass bite is good in most of the open water months here is MN. I am sure you will have to get familer witht the different seasons and migration patterns and there a A LOT more weeds to deal with. I am sure you will be satisfied but here a 6-7 pounder is considered a giant fish and you dont get a whole bunch of them. Good Fishing!!

Impressive statement Mud. Ummm, I think a lot of those are well over 22" and even though there are a lot bigger fish in CA, the fishing out there can be REALLY tough due to the pressure and extreme water clarity! Guarantee, we would get whooped out there!!

If you fish the right waters at the right time of the year here in MN you can get fish in the 6-7lb range fairly easily.

I know a few folks from southern states, and they all say the fishing is better here in MN. Sure you have a shot a 10lb+ class fish in the warmer southern waters, but your average size here in MN is usually larger. There are lots of 5 fish limit tournaments that consistantly break 20lbs easily here in MN. That can be real hard thing to do at the majority of southern lakes.

I grew up in CA fishing folsom lake and parts of the river near Sacramento with a local tournament pro and fishing was never that great.

Thanks for posting the pics. Welcome to FM and the wonderful state of Minnesota. Those are some tanks, it doesn't matter where they are from. Mudslinger, an attitude like that is not needed. However, a spell-check is...

Legit, not "Ligit"

Stay in school bud. wink

Originally Posted By: mudslinger

Thanks for posting the pics. Welcome to FM and the wonderful state of Minnesota. Those are some tanks, it doesn't matter where they are from. Mudslinger, an attitude like that is not needed. However, a spell-check is...

Legit, not "Ligit" wink

Mud must be a kid... When I was younger I raised some hell on these forums too, and got banned. Anyone remember Ice Hole?? That was me. blush

Originally Posted By: Burchoid
If you fish the right waters at the right time of the year here in MN you can get fish in the 6-7lb range fairly easily.

Man I gotta fish where you do! I dont think 6 pounders come fairly easy anywhere in the state...

Sure they do....until you put them on a scale smile

As stated earlier, the fish here are ALOT dumber than their counterparts in alot of the southern states. Less pressure, not nearly as many good anglers, and usually more fish. 40-50 fish days are not uncommon at all, given the right lake and conditions.

My main suggestion would be to stay away from most any lake over 200 acres, the bigger ones have a TON of recreational use around here, and the smaller ones get very little to no pressure from good fishermen. Also, look into the rivers (Mississippi and St. Croix) for smallies, they're a very untapped resource and a bunch of fun to catch! If ya need a partner one of these days, just look me up when you get here. I live in Plymouth (about 20 miles from St. Cloud) and I'm more than willing to share lakes

Man what a tool, were you picked on a bunch as a kid?

anyway Killer fish Indymusky.

Welcome to MN and FM.

RU

Ive fished southern cal alot and I will say that MN destroys Ca for "big" size fish per time spent on the water. Plus in Ca, you have to deal with the crowds, heat and over pressured fish. I liked trout fishing there much better cause it was nice to get away from the crowds.

Not too shabby... from the looks of it you should do just fine... There are some really nice fish in this state, but as mentioned before... if you get a 22"er, better take a picture, because it could be a long lllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time before it ever happens again! Nice Fish!

haha thanks for all the support guys, and for mud these are fish ive caught since mid may and this is a slow time of the year here. And these lakes are the most pressured lakes in the world. Dixon is 70 acres with about 300 people everyday trying to catch the world record. but to tell you how much i love the fishing here im keeping my condo while i move.

actually i dont know if im moving or not but im going to be in st paul for alil while at the least. Ill be stayin in the roseville highschool area where ever that is. If anyone wants to set up some dates for smallie or musky fishing let me know