• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone want some big chubs?

fishuhalik

My dad's been trapping some big chubs (8-10", mostly rainbows but some creek chubs) up in the Grand Rapids area, and all he does is throw 'em back since he just fishes for walleyes. I figured some of you guys might want some. No charge if you just wanna come pick 'em up. I don't go up too often, about every 3 weeks, but I'd be more than happy to bring 4-5 dozen back with me.

I'll actually be up there. I'll give him a call and see if he can get a few for ya ec30-06

JimBuck, I'm not sure where he's from, I'm pretty sure it's the Burnsville area. His dad is a pastor, if that helps.

I'll be north of Nashwauk about 15 miles. Hopefully I'll see ya then. Also, do you want any grass shiners? We get quite a few of them and some of 'em are really good sized. I'd say about 6" long but they're alot fatter than emeralds or goldens, and they stay alive in a bucket much better

Are they good smoked? Have 4 kinds of fish getting smoked tomorrow. Talk about a smorgasbord for a weber!

I can't say that I've ever heard of someone smoking 'em....ya know, pretty much anything is good smoked.....

My dad's been trapping some big chubs (8-10", mostly rainbows but some creek chubs) up in the Grand Rapids area, and all he does is throw 'em back since he just fishes for walleyes. I figured some of you guys might want some. No charge if you just wanna come pick 'em up. I don't go up too often, about every 3 weeks, but I'd be more than happy to bring 4-5 dozen back with me.

sounds good to me I'd take a few off his hands.

You know where Bray Lake is? 6 miles east of hwy 65, on the north side of hwy 56. We live on the north side of the lake. Where you going?

Looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me this week! BTW, do you guys prefer rainbows or creek chubs? I mostly get rainbows, they probably make up about 90% of my hauls

I know the area. I will be over towards Balsam lake, My inlaws live there. We will probaly fish Radision lake and camp on Kelly.

Do you want bigger chubs, normal ones?

I love radisson, there's actually alot of nice smallies in there. Don't be afraid to head over to napolean and owen, too. Great crappie/bass/pike lakes. Owen's actually one of my favorites for bass, both numbers and size. Bring plenty of Senkos and Flukes in any color as long as it's watermelon or white w/ silver flecks

I'm with Ralph on this one...I'll take whatever you can do easiest fishuhalik. But creeks are preferred. What kind of sudz do you drink brother?

I do enjoy the occassional Surley Bender or CynicAle. Well, maybe more than occassional.... smile

I'll tell ya what, just keep me in mind if you ever feel like hitting the lake and you have an empty seat in your boat, and we'll call it even.