• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Liriano gets the win but...

DonBo

...he's still horible. How long can they keep throwing him out there?

Up till last night he had been outstanding the first and second time through the order. I believed he'd be a great addition to the pen, but after last night, man that was ugly.

Swarzak (sp?) continues to be very good down in Rochester, time for a switch IMO.

I agree that the pen would be a good place for him right now in our ogranization. But if we want to keep him as a starter long term, I think you gotta keep him where he is.

Bert was talking about him earlier in the year. Even when he shows some control, he seems to throw these bad pitches with the intention that the hitter may swing. All this does is load up the count, give the hitter the advantage, and add to his pitch count. He needs to go out there and get some strikes. I'm not sure he's adapted his approach from how he used to throw. His stuff is good, but not bewildering like it was in '06.

I liked Gardys decision to keep him on the mound last night. The Brew crew pitcher was stinking up the place also, we had a decent lead, and Liriano needed to pitch through it. Pulling him every start after 3 or 4 innings just hurts our already sub-par bullpen.

Did anyone else notice the frustration on Mauers face?

Liriano can bring the heat, he can't put it where it needs to be, and that's a pretty big issue. I say either send him to the bullpen or Rochester for a while. Let him get a bunch of pitches in and get his head on right.

Yes, last night once again, he was pretty horrible.

I agree with Gardy's decision to keep him in there too, especially because it worked! That extra inning does help out the bullpen.

I really don't know if they should send Liriano down to AAA or keep him up in the majors. I don't think the bullpen is an option.

Blackburn needs another long outing tonight.

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

It's not like Slowey, Blackburn, or R.A. Dickey can't go out and dominate a game. And IMO, far better than what Liriano has been doing this year.

what's so funny? he leads the team in strike outs, but has 40 walks in 82 innings. his problem right now is control. he's still learning how to pitch with a tweaked delivery, because of his tommy john surgery. when he gets his control back, he'll be our best pitcher.

Dickey is and never will be dominating. Slowey and Blackburn are fine MLB pitchers and can throw great games... why? because they have very good to great control of their pitches, not because they have overly nasty and dominating stuff.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

It's not like Slowey, Blackburn, or R.A. Dickey can't go out and dominate a game. And IMO, far better than what Liriano has been doing this year.

what's so funny? he leads the team in strike outs, but has 40 walks in 82 innings. his problem right now is control. he's still learning how to pitch with a tweaked delivery, because of his tommy john surgery. when he gets his control back, he'll be our best pitcher.

Dickey is and never will be dominating. Slowey and Blackburn are fine MLB pitchers and can throw great games... why? because they have very good to great control of their pitches, not because they have overly nasty and dominating stuff.

I agree with Amish and Lucky charm. The bullpen or minors are a long long long way off at this point!

Remember 2008? Liriano stunk bigtime. They sent him down until late July and he dominated. He didn't start early 2006. The kid just needs a few months to get it together. A trip to AAA would be well served but I don't think they'll do it.

Originally Posted By: B. Amish
,Dickey is and never will be dominating.

You must be leaving the room when Dickey gets put in recently

typical fans. dickey has a good stretch and he's the next cy young. liriano is struggling with his control and you're ready to get him out of the rotation.

Dickey has been good ALL season. Liriano simply has not been the same pitcher this year he has been. He struggled last season, was sent down and brought back up and did great. They might have to do it again.

BTW- you have just pretty much summed up the meaning- straight out of the dictionary for the word FAN- people like others that are successful, and they bash those that aren't, I love the Twins, but some things need to change if we want to be playing ball in October.

typical fans. dickey has a good stretch and he's the next cy young. liriano is struggling with his control and you're ready to get him out of the rotation.

Can you point out where he was dubbed the next Cy Young? I haven't found it yet. People are simply stating that he has pitched very well to this point in the season.

We all know Liriano has control issues, it's not hard to see. They don't have an unlimited amount of time for him to come around, because Detroit is putting alot of space between the Twins and 1st place. Plus we are almost half way through the season, I would like to see him under control by now.

BTW- you have just pretty much summed up the meaning- straight out of the dictionary for the word FAN- people like others that are successful, and they bash those that aren't, I love the Twins, but some things need to change if we want to be playing ball in October.

oh goodie. move over wikipedia, time for amishpedia!

Originally Posted By: B. Amish

Can you point out where he was dubbed the next Cy Young? I haven't found it yet. People are simply stating that he has pitched very well to this point in the season.

We all know Liriano has control issues, it's not hard to see. They don't have an unlimited amount of time for him to come around, because Detroit is putting alot of space between the Twins and 1st place. Plus we are almost half way through the season, I would like to see him under control by now.

it was a figure of speech. Dickey's performance has been great lately, but at some point you need to put it in perspective with his career. he's never had a season e.r.a. under 5. he's doing well with his mop-up roll, why not leave him there. i don't think you'd see the same dickey if he were starting.