Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broken_line

gas stations cheating?

8 posts in this topic

so i recently filled up my boat tank which is 5 gallons and i ddint fill it up all the way but i paid for 6 now that i look at the reciept,, anyoneelse ever had this happen?

so i recently filled up my boat tank which is 5 gallons and i ddint fill it up all the way but i paid for 6 now that i look at the reciept,, anyoneelse ever had this happen?

Huh ??

Me no understand.

Could you clarify that please ?

I seriously doubt they are cheating. They get checked all the time by the state and they would have a million complaints in no time if they did it that blatently. Having said that, the equipment is mechanical and can break, but I have never heard of it. My dad owns a gas station and every once in awhile someone will get all bent outta shape about this until they find out that there tank is actually bigger than they thought. His meters have never been off, not even once. In reality, it just doesnt happen very often.

A lot of what you think are 5 gal cans are actually 6.

Might want to check that.

I'm with dtro, not sure if it was faulty or not though. Take the receipt in.

Aren't all boat tanks (standard portable, I know there are some 9 and 11) either 6 or 3 gallon? I.e. the normal steel or plastic that see all the time are 6 gallon. Aren't they? I know the plastic gas cans for storing in garage or getting for mowers are often 5 gallon.

All "5 gallon cans" I've ever had for my motors actually held 6 gallons. They allow room for oil and expansion.

the tank was for a 5hp seahorse and every oyher time i filled it up it was 5 gallons.. it doesnt really bug me since ive lost more money to weeds and trees..