• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

delmon vote?

Dahitman44

He has been hitting, and fielding, a bit better lately, but still is a long ways from what was expected from him. He has made some outstanding catches this year, then on the next play he totally boots it, go figure.

He looks as if he has no clue...

I think we're going to have to stick with the kid for awhile. He's still very young at 23 and hasn't reached his full potential yet. Still I look at his swing and wonder why he can't be in the 20-25 HR range and .280 type hitter.

He's halfway there, his career batting average through four years is 0.287. If he can be a little more disciplined at the plate, he might get better pitches to swing for the fences.

He's played well enough lately to at least warrant a little longer leash. He still needs to get a few things figured out yet though. He's got the ability but I think he just needs that light bulb to go on and for it all to come together.

This year has to be hard on him though with the death of his mother and still needing to maintain the focus that pro baseball requires. We have to remember that he's only 23 thats pretty young and I'm not sure its realistic to expect him to completely keep that from affecting his play.

This year has to be hard on him though with the death of his mother and still needing to maintain the focus that pro baseball requires. We have to remember that he's only 23 thats pretty young and I'm not sure its realistic to expect him to completely keep that from affecting his play.

my thoughts also.

Delmon is 23 years old. I think he will develop power numbers as he learns the strike zone and sees the pitches better. If he can hit in the .280 range again this year, I will be happy. I don't think Torii Hunter hit over 10 homers until he was 25 or 26. Same with Puckett. Granted I don't think they got the call up until they were about 23.

Give him a few years to see what he can do. Same with Gomez.

I am all for giving him some more of a chance, his defense is coming around, which if you woulda told me a year ago would happen I wouldn't have believed you. He missed some easy pop ups last season. Can't tell me switching to left is that much of a stretech from right, a flyball is a flyball- no matter where on the field it is.

His power needs to come around, however. He was supposed to be a 25+ HR guy- I don't see it.

On a side note, can Morales play 2nd base?

I believe he signed with the twins as an infielder and was converted to a catcher. What infield position he plays I don't know though. The kid can sure hit!