Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roughfish29

help with public land

11 posts in this topic

its been a while since me or my dad has shot a pheasant. can anyone let us know of any good spots. i don't care how far it is as long as its within minnesota

Southwest Minnesota is full of them. Windom,Marshall, Slayton, Ivanhoe areas all have lots of public land with good pheasant hunting. Lots of farmers will let you on private land also if you ask.

That area is great for birds but you dont need to drive that far. I shot over 50 birds last year all but a hand full on state land. Good dog, good map and a lot of walking is all it takes.

GOOD DOG , good map and a lot of walking is all it takes.

Good dog........thats my problem

I shoot a bunch every year, and I do not have a dog.

Nobles county has been great the last few years.There's ALOT of pheasants forever ground as well as WMA's.

That's what your dad is for!!! Have some fun and don't be afraid to post in here during season if you are looking to hunt. Someone is usually ready to bring someone along!

yep just looking around and find a good map and start walking

all the areas listed above are great

I bought a set of maps from the DNR last year for maybe $30. It was the entire southern MN book and I think it was called the PRIM maps. It is hard to beat as a resource when you're in a new area. I would bet you could order it online from the DNR. Best part was that it was fairly new and so it had real up to date info.

Here http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/prim.html

I just went to this and it only listed the single maps. It was a lot easier to buy the entire set for souther MN. You may have to call to get that.

Any public land between Slayton and Worthington is fairly good. Ive done well. Do not always limit out but at least see birds and shoot a couple!

southern mn has bired everywhere and lots of time just gotta knock on doors people are pretty nice about letting bird hunters hunt their land.