Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mobridge Chamber

Need some good opinions for prizes to give away...Mobridge Ice Fishing

21 posts in this topic

The Mobridge, SD Chamber's tourism committee is looking for some input from the anglers that fish the annual tournament. Last year we gave a "Zack Shack" and a lot of other prizes, but we were wondering what other shacks are out there, and any info would be great!!! Or do we stay with the Zack Shack?

You could check out Jay Soderblooms HSOforum. It's at www.soderbloom.com He builds an aluminum frame dropdown that is superlight, sprayfoamed insulated, and he's an FM forum sponsor. The house is called the Aluma lite. His HSOforum says he's not building for the '08-'09 season, presently he's working on some new designs that he'll introduce for the '09-'10 season. Phred52

You should consider one of The Lodge Fish Houses, built in Brookings, South Dakota by Distinct Builders. Top of the line fish houses that can be used year round!! We are a sponsor for FM and a dealer for The Lodges. We could help arrange to get some special pricing on the unit for the event!! You may reach us at 800-365-2560 or check us out online at www.highbanks.com.

once you have it you should put up your tourny announcement, I would guess there are quite a few that might make the trip over

Thanks for all the input...we will post it as soon as we get all of our sponsors in place. So far this year we have Scheels, Vexilar, Strikemaster, and Runnings to name a few. We are still working on the ice shacks. We have had some great recommendations, and now are looking at all the options.

A nice portable fish house, quality flasher and maybe a underwater camera. For smaller prizes, maybe a couple Jason Mitchell ice fishing rod set ups.

Check out the Canvas Craft shelters. The new ATT trailer/shelter would be an excellent unique prize.

I guess it depends on your budget.. I like to see a quality flasher or 2, a quality auger, portable heater(s), gift certificates, etc. Maybe you can get a guide service to sponsor a half-day on a local lake or something? It'd be worth a half day to most guides just for the exposure...

I love the fact that we are talking about Ice fishing in July!! I should have told everyone what we do have planned for this year...16 FL-18, 16 Strikemasters, 16 Mr. Heaters, 8 32" flat screens, 12 vehicle navigations systems, 7 clam ice houses, 3 otter ice, 2 4-wheelers, a lot of other stuff...I do like the idea about a guide service, keep the ideas rolling...anything other than fishing that you guys would like? Tools ect. we have a large budget. I should note that we hope to reach $100,000 in cash and prizes for 2010.

I'd be happy to put together a package price on a Lodge Fish House for the event!! Custom trailer at a discounted price!! Size/Color/Options to fit your needs!! www.highbanks.com or 800-365-2560

This year we are planning for January 9th, 2010. If you are thinking about coming out, I would reccomend booking hotel now. Last year there was a shortage of rooms during the event. I will keep everyone posted updates about the tourney.

You could check out Jay Soderblooms HSOforum. It's at www.soderbloom.com He builds an aluminum frame dropdown that is superlight, sprayfoamed insulated, and he's an FM forum sponsor. The house is called the Aluma lite. His HSOforum says he's not building for the '08-'09 season, presently he's working on some new designs that he'll introduce for the '09-'10 season. Phred52

Jay no longer makes drop downs, only special order skid houses as of now. It could change but last winter he just didnt have time to do drop downs. He is a very small operation as far as Ice Houses go its only him, his son and 1 or 2 part timers.

Northlander, Not according to Jay! I talked with him and he stated that he was getting some new info ready (advertising) to put out on the new designs of houses he'll have to offer. Phred52

After this morning’s meeting the Mobridge Chamber’s Tourism Committee is very excited to announce some of the prizes that will be at the 2010 Ice Fishing Tournament held on July 9th, 2010. The committee is advertising cash and prizes of $90,000. Just for entering anglers will get a chance at winning the following:

2-2009 Honda 4-Wheelers

Enclosed Ice Shack (manufacturer yet to be determined)

16 FL-18 Vexilar Genz Packs

4 FL-20 Vexilar

16 Strikemaster Augers

8 Clam Ice Houses

16 Garmin Nuvi 1200 GPS

8 32 inch Flat Screen TV

10 Dewalt Flashlight/Drill Combos

$3600 in Under Armour Gear

$2000 in Scheels Gear

$5100 in Prize Money

2 Generators

I am not sure but I think you meant January 9 2010 unless you are planning on getting lots of ice cubes grin

That really is a great list of prizes. If only is wasn't a 300 mile trip cry

I love the fact that we are talking about Ice fishing in July!! I should have told everyone what we do have planned for this year...16 FL-18, 16 Strikemasters, 16 Mr. Heaters, 8 32" flat screens, 12 vehicle navigations systems, 7 clam ice houses, 3 otter ice, 2 4-wheelers, a lot of other stuff...I do like the idea about a guide service, keep the ideas rolling...anything other than fishing that you guys would like? Tools ect. we have a large budget. I should note that we hope to reach $100,000 in cash and prizes for 2010.

Wow, nice!! Another cool thing would be to get a taxidermist on board to mount the first place fish in each category..?

So, the money plus free mount for the winners. smile

A couple Garmin Dakota 20 GPS units maybe, with LakeMaster or SDTRAX chips?

would you like to try a wheel house ? I would be interested to talk with you thanks

Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.