• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your favorite Brand?

I'm curious as to what everyone's "gotta have" brands are. For example Ketchup: Heinz or Hunts? Other things might be seasonings, barabcue sauce, mustard, fish coating, ect., ect.

A couple that come to mind for me is:

Beef Flavored Rice a Roni: The perfect side dish. Just love it. Not chicken, not mexican, not any of the other gazillion other flavors. Stock up when they are 10 for 10 bucks.

Sweet Baby Rays Barbacue Sauce: Won't buy anything else - Cub or Rainbow (can't remember which) has em 10 for 10 bucks right now.

Schwan's Ice cream - They put the cream in ice cream.

Reddi Whip - Gotta top off that Schwans Ice cream

Hegges Pizza - If I don't pick up Papa Murphys, order Broadway, or make my own, its going to be a Heggies.

Miracle Whip - Try it on a peanut butter sandwich. Can't do Hellmans real stuff.

Valveeta Cheese - Nothing like a grilled cheese with valveeta dipped in Heinz ketchup. Or Macaroni & Cheese. Or Chili Cheese Dip. What can I say? Grew up on it when we didn't have to eat the free government stuff in the 70's.

None of this stuff would fit into the healthy eating thread, but.....................

I will agree on a few of your choices:

Schwan's Ice Cream

Miracle Whip - a sandwich just isn't a sandwich without Miracle Whip (although I personally would draw the line at peanut butter!)

A few others (although I could go on and on):

Heinz ketchup - hubby has a Norwegian stomach, so this is a safe "spice" for him smile

HyVee Cut Green Beans - they taste much better than the major brands

Bird's Eye Baby Sweet Peas and Baby Gold and White Corn - both taste like you picked them out of the garden.

Schwan's Asparagus spears - the best frozen asparagus I have had

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips - both the semi-sweet and the 60% cocoa are excellent in baked goods or straight out of the bag

Barilla Plus pasta - especially the Angel Hair

Try to stick with General Mills cereals since they are a Minnesota company, and I would like to help my sister keep her job. smile

I buy what IMO tastes the best and disregard the price. I'll stock up if it is on sale. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". My wife buys whatever is on sale and says she can't tast any difference...

So, I try to do a lot or most of the grocery shopping so I can get what I want. I don't seem to get too many complaints either.

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce is awesome stuff. My daughter absolutely loves it. She would put it on anything. I have a great pic of her face covered with it.

Definitely Heinz Ketchup, thats a no brainer.

Kemps New York Vanilla ice cream...the best (for vanilla anyway).

Mug Root beer.

and on and on and on.

michelob golden draft lite, old mr. boston 5 star. oohhh food ok. cattlemens bbq sauce,heinz katchup,homemade horseradish, miricale whip, pizza frozen tombstone out sammys, minn grown wild rice, kemps chocolate or mint ice cream,a1 steak sauce and libbys veggies. this for starters. favorite cheese pepper jack fav brand bongaards, seasonings are cajon alpine touch and lemon pepper.... for fish.

One of my pet peeves is when my wife tries to save money and buys the cheapest/generic flavoring or spice. Then throw in low fat/low cal and what do you have??! [PoorWordUsage]!!! And the fact is that a bottle of syrup or ketchup or mustard or xxxx lasts a long time, if you save 60 cents on a something that lasts 6 months, is that worth eating [PoorWordUsage]???

I finally cured her of that by not eating some of the poor quality stuff she bought and buying my own, then we'd have two bottles of it in the frig for months. She finally started buying the brand name stuff.

Wimmers dogs, Claussen pickles, Skippy Super Chunk. As a big fan of cottage cheese, I used to be a Wells guy, but it seemed that they have been turning out some nasty batches. Got hooked on Walmart brand 1%. Best stuff out there. Nice and runny!!

heinz is the only ketchup. I can tell the difference at resaurants.

A1 steak sauce

Hidden Valley Ranch

Velveeta cheese (the best melting cheese out there)

Old Home French onion chip dip (noone comes close to the flavor and the amount of hours you have bad breath)

Lowry's seasoning salt

Mccormicks montreal steak seasoning

Cajun Injector fish batter (andy's is a close second)

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Bongards cheese

Litehouse dressings

Hamburger Helper

Stove Top dressings

Tiger sauce

Hoisin sauce(Chinese BBQ sauce)

Oyster sauce

La Choi Soy sauce.....I make Chinese food a lot.

Original shore Lunch