Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieJunkie

New Lindy rig rod

18 posts in this topic

My friend broke my old lindy rig rod (7' Medium) so I'm in the market for a new one. I'm not a big walleye guy anymore so I thought best to ask for opinions on here.

I'd like to stick with shimano but am open to other suggestions. I run 10/4 fireline. I'm thinking about the Compre 7' Medium Light - Fast.

Any thoughts? Length actions brand... There's no wrong answer...

What is your budget. Can't go wrong with a Loomis IMX HSR 9000 7'6" ML, or St. Croix legend Elite 7' ML

I broke my sons shimano and ended up at Reeds and picked up a St Croix for less then 90 bucks much better rod and balanced much better than the shimano. Just my thoughts. Jeff

If you are looking for something around $100 I would suggest a Limit Creek smoothie 6'9" rod that is awesome for riggin and jiggin

What is your budget. Can't go wrong with a Loomis IMX HSR 9000 7'6" ML, or St. Croix legend Elite 7' ML

$100 give or take.

The Compre isn't a bad rod for the money. But if you're willing to spend a little more, I would highly recommend the Shimano Crucial 7' med-light fast. I think they're in the $170 range.

I'm thinking about the Compre 7' Medium Light - Fast.

Don't go with anything else. That is a superb rigging rod for a reasonable price.

The Loomis is a great rod but for a St. Croix I'd go with the tournement legend 7'6" live bait rig. Both are great rods and even my wife can lindy rig with one of these two.

compres have a lifetime warranty and shimano is very good to deal with. I have the same rod you described and would definitely buy another. i have owned nearly every brand of rod and am most impressed with shimano value and service

Check out some of the cabela's rods also.

The tournament legends are nice, and chepaer that IMX or Legend elite.

compres have a lifetime warranty and shimano is very good to deal with.

That's part of the reason I usually buy the Compre I've never had to exchange one but my friend has at Thorne Brothers and it was no questions asked.

Rodmaker is right, don't overlook cabelas. They too have great rods for great prices.

Cabela's XML rods are nice . I would compare them to a GL2 or GL3. Watch for specials on these.

Cabela's XML rods are nice . I would compare them to a GL2 or GL3. Watch for specials on these.

Cabela's is having specials on these (XMLTi) rods now. I picked one up for $59 online today.

Price depends on model you want. Seems like the best prices were on the split grep models which is what I wanted to try since I have never fished with a split grip

If you are looking for something around $100 I would suggest a Limit Creek smoothie 6'9" rod that is awesome for riggin and jiggin

I would concur.

Here's the WARRANTY info from the Limit Creek HSOforum.

It's a good warranty IMO. I think they are awesome rigging rods. I have a GLoomis HSR9000, St. Croix LE76MLF and Shimano CRS70ML and put them in the same boat, figuratively and literally.