• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP

Brownie77

I am going to try for my first trout this weekend. I bought some #2, #6, & #8 hooks, the smallest spilt shot I could find, and some power pro 10lb 2lb dia line adn some #14 swivels to make leaders, anything else. I am goign to use wax worms or angle worms.

are you in a lake or stream?

I catch lots of them in lakes with bobbers, a chartruse flu-flu and a whole night crawler hooked in the middle....

I usually start 35 feet down in 55 feet of water and my kids start at 18 feet down and we adjust from there.

I can't help you then. all I have done is lake resident trout in Big Watab in Stearns county and I fish them the same way I fish catfish. a bobber and a beer, the wife drives and the kids do the rest.

then I clean them and smoke them.....

I would try a couple different small spinners like a panther martin or a vibrax. Cast upstream and reel back down. Bring it by submerged rocks or other things fish might sit behind in the stream. Also look for deeper pools that might hold some trout. And try to bring your lure where the current and some slack water meet.

Good luck, I hope you get some fish on your line.

I tried stream trout fishing for the first time a few weeks ago, didn't catch anything...but I'm gonna take another crack at it today, and this weekend too. I'll be trying to fly-fish, and make an attempt at nymphing or throwing a grasshopper, and bringing a spinning setup too.

I'm wondering what time of day is best to stream trout fish, or does it even matter, and also if sunny vs. overcast matters at all?