Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jalberg

Bent Gamakatsu Superlines

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else ever get into a bad pack of these hooks? I was out last weekend useing 3/0 Superlines and bent every hook out of a pack on the first fish. Never had this problem before.

The superline hooks bent? Wow! Just the thin gammy hooks have bent on me. I seem to get snagged in trees often.

I've bent a lot of them when hooked on wood or docks, never from fish.

I use them all the time and never had a problem. Had to be a bad batch because you would have a hard time bending a hook of that guage.

I would agree on the bad batch theory. Never had a problem with a superline hook. Pack em up and send them back to Gamakatsu for a look. They should send you a new pack if their customer service is worth a hoot.

Yeah, I've been using them for probably 5 years and have never had a problem, then every hook in one pack bends on the first hookset. It was frustrating, I lost what would have been the best fish of the day on the second hook. I thought the first one was a fluke.

it happened to my buddy last year and he just emailed them a pic of the hooks and told them what happened and he got a free pac of hooks in a couple weeks. its worth a try before you pay for postage

I've never been a fan of gamakatsu hooks. The hook points roll over or bend very easily. I have been using mustad ultra points for years now.

i use a lot of 4/0 superlines without ever having issues...

That is strange I have never had that happen with those hooks (they are awesome) I would call them up maybe they will send you a free 25pk!