• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thursday is the '09 draft

Scott M

Lots of talk about Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, then what?

I hope Kahn has a plan in place. If he does things right, he will have some nice pieces with 3 first round picks. I'm sick of the Wolves drafting project players on potential...their track records speaks for itself in that regard, outside of what might have been the biggest realized potential high schooler ever drafted (KG). For that reason, I hope they draft the kid ready to contribute that will also help fill a hole-Stephen Curry. Granted he isn't the strongest or biggest, doesn't have the most potential, and isn't a true PG, but he can score from anywhere and who do we have to put the ball in the bucket right now? He can contribute right away. There will be other PGs that will fall in their lap later (Will Holiday, Flynn, or Jennings fall?), as well as some bigs that might show some NBA flair in the late rounds (Mullens, Blair, Hansbrough?).

There will be some talent left late in the first and early into the second round. Meeks, Ellington and Green, Toney Douglas? Too few picks and this much talent means someone will be available.

I think we go all-in on Jennings, if he is there. The only problem I see is with no coach in place and him being somewhat of a project, we will prolly lean away from him.

But I think he has the right frame of mind for a PG in the NUBA. How many chances do ya get at an "elite" talent?

This really stumped me too. They had the opportunity to take a shooting guard like Curry. That would have excited Wolves fans having Rubio/Curry in the back court. I wonder if they might have some deal going on that involves Flynn and swapping a later pick.

Who is the man behind the curtain... It's McFail! The bad draft never ends! I expect to wake up to a trade in the AM like last year. I have no idea what the Wolves are doing here. There has to be a trade in the works. This makes no sense (Rubio and Flynn).

Originally Posted By: hartner62
Why would you draft two point gaurds?

Make that three!

I smell a trade coming...

Make that four!!

Although it appears that Lawson is heading to Denver.

Strange.

I actually thought it was a pretty good draft for the woofies! Rubio is going to be a stud....flynn will be a good back up.....and wayne ellington, well the kid can flat out shoot the ball from anywhere so there is your solid 2 guard!! The only thing i would have liked to see is for them to have gone after blair from pitt!! He would have been a beast in the middle!!! And the ty lawson pick was good cause now we have a first round pick in the next draft from the trade!!! I did not like their last pick of the foreigner....seemed like a wasted pick, otherwise i was pretty happy with it!!!

I don't think Rubio said anything about not wanting to play here. His dad made a comment about him playing in Spain for another year or two. Apparently his mom doesn't like cold weather either.

There is also a bunch of garbage about him wanting to play in New York. You know where it's really warm in the winter. wink

Does anybody have a link or anything to support this "I don't want to play in Minnesota" garbage.

If it turns out that he pulls an Eli Manning, Jon Elway stunt we should just let him twist in the wind. He can't play in the NBA unless he plays for us or we trade him. He really doesn't have much leverage. We'd be out a pick but we still have Flynn to man the point. Plus we have 3 first rounders next year(I think). If some teams wants to make us a Herschel Walker type trade then we should jump on it if the RUMORS are true.