• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitshops that sell bullheads?

Laska

p_00367.jpg the 60 some gallon cooler...

p_00368.jpg filter of the 500gph pump

p_00372.jpg The pump and jet nozzle in place

p_00371.jpg System running with the car charger plug in I wired together

p_00370.jpg Another view

water line will go up half way to the top when in use, this was just a test run.

What ya guys think?

Its gotta water filter, and the jets put oxygen back in the water and it totally portable.

What ya guys think?

What do I think? I like it! grin

Few things to consider...

1) Any pump that sits in the water generates heat, which in turn heats your water up. Given the size of your cooler and the volume of water you'll have in it, it'll take a bit to warm it up. However, keep an eye on it.

2) Bullheads love to puke stuff up from their stomachs when captured. Keep an eye on your filter screen to make sure its clean, it'll suck that stuff up very quick.

Yeah, the water warming thing- most of the time I only travel 2 hours away, but I do plan on having ice in there if the weather gets too warm.

As far as the bullhead puke, ive heard of that, and I thank the manufacturer of the pump I have for making the filter easy to clean, rinse out with a garden hose and put it back in. smile Thanks for the advice!

I like it and it looks nice.

Two things I will say on top of what Hanson said:

Full of water and bullheads are you going to be able to easily lift this cooler? It looks like a two man operation possibly. If you over 30 and do not work out on a regular basis, it will be a two man operation to move this for sure wink

The other thing is I have the same cooler (but smaller) for my suckers. It leaks like a sieve when just driving down the road. If it is in a trunk or in the back of an SUV. you will have water spilling. Drive stable and slow (IMO).

Beside that get those bullheads. Down that way they might be the thing needed. smile

Im a 21 year old construction worker lol, Ill manage the cooler by myself for awhile, but I need to be able to transport quite a few bullies back home and a rubbermaid trashcan aint quite gonna fit ya know. Im thinking of some ideas to make it more "leak" proof

Only reason I bring it up is I use one about half the size for my suckers Cick here to see it and even at half the size when full of water it is a major bear to move. I am talking the reach of you arms. On the 60 this has to be much more of a reach.

When I go and get a load of bullheads I just use 3-6 5gal buckets with lids like in the last image in the thread. Easy to carry, do not leak (do sweat a little) and when not in use they are easy to store by stacking up. Cheap to buy also wink

3618936890_039397cecb.jpg