• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baudette border changes

We cam back today and asked the same question. The new yellow towers are for sensing radiation. The one on the way into Canada was not known yet, but speculation was some kind of gate for if there is an amber alert or something of the sort.

When I went up on the 10th of June, My brother and I got stopped at the new station they are building on the American side. Two agents were outside, one checked our vehicle the other asked two questions 1)Do either of you have more than $10,000 cash and 2) Did we have any military grade weapons on board? After that they let us through and we picked up our duty free items.

The same kind of shack is going up at the I-falls crossing. They will staff it on occasion to ask questions to people leaving the country, but they already have been doing it. i'd say about 1-in-4 trips across they stop us on the way out and ask us about money, etc....

We are truly safe from canadians..

yeah the building they got up on the U.S side is an outgoing booth. I talked to a Customs agent and he told me about it. They can check your vehicle before you leave the country. More security I guess. Your plates are entered in there system when you leave. So i guess they know how long you were in Canada if you got checked when you leaving the U.S. Them yellow towers didnt come cheap either I was told. Seems like all the border crossings ( US side) have them now since I have been making more trips into Canada for work I cross at different places and see the same setup. they can (will) check you when you leave the country, when you enter Canada and when you return to the USA. Just doing their job.