Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
setterguy

Tonight, tonight.....

Terrible night to be stuck at work until 11.

Getting out on one of my favorite lakes tomorrow though so I'm pretty excited about that, hopefully they're still hungry.

Saw 12 fish tonight, caught two. The two fish were caught at 9:00 and 9:10. Neither big, but both came just like clockwork...

Nice where were you fishing and could you also help me figure out how to write a forum of my own. I fished lake waconia to day from 2-7pm and saw four but didnt net any. im wondering what i should do or where i should go if you have any suggestions

Not quite as good as I was hoping for tonight. Had a high 30s low 40s take a quick swipe at black/nickel single bladed harasser and then got it to follow again on a black mag dawg. All happened right around 9:00. Other than that didn't see a thing.

Swanny,

I was in West Central MN.

Regarding how to start a new "forum", I'm guessing you mean how do you start a new thread. To do that, go back a page from here and click on "New Topic". Give your thread a title and type in the box provided with your questions.

Agreed! I thought tonight had everything set up for a multi fish night.

Sunset and Moonset occurring within 20 minutes of each other and extremely hot temps all day long. Fished 8:30-11:15. Moved 5 fish from 9:00-9:35 and that was the end of it.

I'll be back out first thing in the morning as I have a hunch they will be eating smile

Saw one fish cruising shallow on Forest but nothing else the rest of the night. Saw quite a few others throwing big blades, not a whole lot caught though.

Seen 8 up until 830, then from 9-930 nothing. Go figure.

I've seen that pattern on a number of lakes this year, seems to be a feeding window prior to sunset/twilight.

AWH    0

Sunset and moonset times where I was were 9:15 and 9:39. Had fish in the boat at 9:20, 9:24 and 9:28. Unfortunately they weren't muskies. But good action and some nice fish during that window.

Aaron

I fished White Bear this morning from 5am to noon. Nothing in the net today! Didn't see a thing today. Off to the water park with the daughter and couple of her friends.

Brian

Topwater and don't take it off, I like those windows too but all 5 of our fish came from the worst of the major and minors, none correlated to anything, I think those key times set up better once the water temps level off which is a few weeks away, just my 22 years of doin it, but the faith you'll have and the way you'll fish those key times will pay off.

What is a major and minor, is that the same thing as moon over head and moon under foot? I've always heard those things but never could figure out what the heck they meant.

I didn't even get out, had some pool issues that needed tending to...maybe tomorrow.