• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good boat cleaner for painted aluminum?

anchor man

I've been using Zing for a few years and it works great on the month+ old scum line. The problem is, I have to apply it to a brush and some of the areas on the boat bottom are hard to reach and I'm not about to crawl around and have that stuff drip on me. Plus the fumes can build up under the boat on a calm day and nearly burn your eyes out. I'm looking for a good spray on style scumline remover for painted alum. to make life easier. I've heard The Works is good, but don't want to use something that'll damage the paint either. Any good suggestions out there?

Thanks

i use the Works on my lund and never had any problems you dont have to leave it on the boat very long and can put it in a spray bottle and works wonders for scum line..i clean my boat every fall with it just rinse it good with the hose..and use gloves tends to burn the skin alittle!!!

The price we pay for todays boats etc you should use something that is made for boats. A lot of that kitchen stuff is very hard on the clear coat. Worse than you think. I use Restore and Wonderfoam. You can get it from (note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again, thanks) Nels

Skeeter, I see that Wonderfoam works on mineral deposits. Does it work well on cutting through the 6 weeks of slimy brown scum on the boat? Does it require some scrubbing? I like the idea of boat products vs. kitchen as well.

Thanks