Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
picksbigwagon

4TH Annual Red Cedar School's out extravaganza

for the fourth year in a row, my dad, brother and I have taken a few days and camped out at the county campground on red Cedar lake near birchwood. The state has been goofing with minimum lengths for this lake for walleyes since we started fishing here. This year, all walleyes under 18" must be immediately released. Every time we went out over the 3 days of fishing we caught about 25-30 walleyes between 14 and 17.5". It was great fishing, just not good eating of fish.....

We ventured one day into balsam lake and found a really nice weed bed and caught some smallies and I hooked a big northern that threw the lure at the boat, but it was big.....

Evening time found us on the humps between the campground and the resort, anchored, with slip bobbers and leeches. each night we were out there we caught fish, those boats trolling around didn't catch much, but everyone bobber fishing caught fish.

we only took a couple photo's

My dad and his 18" smallmouth"

Fishing09003.jpg

Me and my almost 20" smallmouth: it was a fat little toad too...........

Fishing09006.jpg

New equipment used on this trip was a new prop (old one was damaged last year on Red Cedar) that got me, my dad and brother going 26.1 mph on gps. Last year we were lucky if we got 22....I also bought a new Frabill net, a conservation series with the rubber coated no knot net and the telescoping handle from 3' to 6'. We used it a lot and it was very convenient to store and deploy as well. We never stuck a hook in the net, and we netted almost all of our fish. Maybe next year we will actaully get to keep some of the walleyes we catch. The bait shop in Haugen was not a bait shop but an ice cream parlor that sold leeches. Got the rest of their leeches and they were good leeches. Breakfast at Haugen was awesome, Vman, you were right about the Lona's corner cafe, any cafe that has a cheese menu is definitely worth a trip back

Actually Cooter, is was at the end of a 17 foot flat that I had no idea was there until we had left your spot and were cruising up to a couple of diffent ones. I marked it well and I think it might actually be a great spot for ice fishing during the early morning and evening bites, if that lake is any good for ice fishing that is

The bait shop in Haugen is just starting out and in the process of getting more stuff all the time. yea they have ice cream but they have minnows , crawlers , leech's etc and a small amount of tackle.I get my leech's there as I order by the pound and get the best deal from them .

They are still catching lots of walleye's but they are mostly 16" to 17 1/2" If you are looking to catch a bunch of fish for fun this is the place.