• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1996 Minnkota bow mount 42# Power Drive

tb7108

Does anyone know what holds this motor in place I busted somthing pounding waves on mille lacs now the motor is very loose in both the locking (horizontal) and the drive position.

I cant find a good parts diagram.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding a diagram on line.. I haven't anyway...

That said though, I wonder if it's connected to the release button - I'd take a look at that linkage and see if it's working properly.

marine_man

I had a '96 Minkota bowmount that had the same problem. I had to replace 2 (maybe 4) bushings. The bushings are 2 square metal plates with rubber between them. Picked them up at the authorized Minkota repair shop in Red Wing. They had them in stock so I assume this is a common problem. I will check to see if I still have the manual for that motor to get you a part number.

These part numbers are from a Model 765mxt Turbo from around the same year as yours. Not sure of the motor year because I got it used on a 1996 boat.

Part number 230-5100 Pivot Pad, 2 required

Part number 230-5110 Pivot Pad Support, 4 required You may not need these but if I recall correctly they came with the pivot pads.

If you send me an email I can scan the manual and email it to you.

[email protected]