• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI Fishing Trip?

I’m in The Twin Cities and my buddy is in Chicago. We’re trying to meet in WI for some bass fishing (preferably large mouth) somewhere in the middle. I’d love it if someone could point us in the direction of some good lakes to check out. We would need to rent a boat and have no problem camping if need be. We’re looking at the last weekend in June or first weekend in August. Which brings up another question: would fishing be better 7 days later in the year? We were planning this trip for the fall, but family things on both sides hacaused a few changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Miller Dam, or Chequamegon Waters Flowage has good fishing and a campground - no boat rentals on the lake that I know of. You'd have to pick one up in a bigger town en route from the Cities or Chicago. Its east of Gilman if you want to do a search.

I'd say the cranberry bogs down by Fort McCoy but not sure about camping plus the lakes tend to be small and access can be tricky.

Another option might be north of the Dells area with Petenwell and Castle Rock flowages. Would be a good middle road area, however I don't know how the bass fishing is on those lakes. Believe they are more walleye/crappie lakes, but I could be wrong.

Wish I had something perfect in mind for you but nothing comes to mind right now. Hope its a start for you anyways.