Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Racing get together

27 posts in this topic

We will be having a racing get together Saturday, August 8th, 2009 at the Arlington race track. It will be on a evening when the go-carts also run so one can watch the kids in the carts. Brian ( Papa Grump) will have the girls there also.

We will also have our modified there.

After that, the cars will run and the track offers numerous classes from the bombers to the sprint and modified cars.

One cannot bring foods into the pits but the track does offer food and drink in the pits for sale. No booze is allowed during the races.

Kids are also more than welcome but they will need to sign a waiver before they can come into the pits. I will check on the age limit.

Yes, one can walk around and look at many different class cars and also watch the races form the pits.

If you have any questions, please post here. Also if you could post below if you are attending, that will give me a number so I can bring some pop and maybe a crook pot of hot dogs..

Races are usually over around 10:15 to 11pm.

Grandstand $10 for Adults

Kids 6-11 $3

5 and under Free

Pit Entry Fee $25

Arlington Grandstand opens @ 5pm

Arlington Pit gate at 3pm

Sounds like a blast.

I will be there and be bringing my son Hunter.

Sifty

The pit gate "officially" opens at 3:30, but most of us with the karts drive in before that, then walk up and pay.It's pretty much on a honor system so please wait till 3:30 to get in the pits. Your pit pass also allows you to go into the stands at anytime. I usually head up there to watch the Mod and Hobby features. I know Dtro and few others might tag along that day as well.

The pit gate "officially" opens at 3:30, but most of us with the karts drive in before that, then walk up and pay.It's pretty much on a honor system so please wait till 3:30 to get in the pits. Your pit pass also allows you to go into the stands at anytime. I usually head up there to watch the Mod and Hobby features. I know Dtro and few others might tag along that day as well.

The more the better.

Sifty

We will have fun with how many ever come Sifty. The races are great to watch with alot of action all evening.

You can count me as a definite maybe. If we dont rainout on the 7th I will more than likely be there. It's always a good time to experience a new track.

If I go I will be in the stands cause money is tight scince the wife lost her job but I always sit to the left from the entrance by harry ewert by the handicapped area and another thing i ike is they made the two middle sections no smoking

Good to see that you can make it BK19. You can always come over into the pits right after the race and have one.

Hope you can make it Perch.

I will be coming but looks as if we will just be in the stands.

My cell is 612-708-4450 if anyone wants to met up and have a cold one.

Sifty

I will be over at the entrance of the grand stands right after the race. I have to come over from the pits.

Sifty, if Clint wins the feature, you can take Hunter down to the gate and they will let kids have their picture taken with the car and driver if he would like to.

I could pick the picture up the next week and mail it to you.

Thats if Hunter would like to.

Clint is the #74 in the Modified class. Its the second to last race of the evening. Mostly bue car with a white 74 towards the rear of the car.

And like I said I sit in the stands right to the left when you come in next to a guy in a wheelchair I will have a black hat withblue flames that says keechracing on the front see you there it should be fun

Make sure you guys cheer for that 74 modified. We can always use any extra help we can get.

Just got in from wrenching on the karts, didn't burn up too much stuff at Waseca for once on Sunday. We will be minus the boy this week, he decided to go fishing with his buddy.I'm suppose to get the screamer block back from the shop for Sarah's kart tomorrow. Had to bore it out some, the round hole was getting to be not so round anymore.

Yes, Arlington had a pile of rain. 3.5 inches. There is water a third of the way up the track in turn 1 and 2.

I was all set on fitting the karts with pontoons for today. I wonder how the River Pro would handle the turns? grin

Thanks for the update guy's/

We will need to figure out a different date.

Sifty

What a bummer but maybe I'll have my car ready by the next date,anyone know where I can get a set of heads cheap

Hobby a sbc camel backs with 2.02 valves probably