• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opti Max/Smart Craft

hitthebricks

This all began, Last year my oil level dropped down below a 1/4 tank and the buzzer for low oil sounded, now the alarm sounds about every other trip out and reads that the "oil reserve is 100%" on one of the Smart Craft Gauges even though the oil tank is full and the oil consumption seems normal. How do I stop this alarm or reset this so it stops sounding?

Thanks HTB

When the buzzer is supposed to sound when the the main oil tank is empty and indicate the amount left in the reserve tank on the motor. I checked the the reserve tank, it is full with no air and cap is tight and the buzzer still will sound at any time, even if the main oil tank is full. :(, I've tried resetting the guage with a full oil tank but no luck. Any help or sdvice would be great!

HTB

That sucks and it's not like you can ignore it, that alarm is a blood curdling sound.

I do know that you can disable the Oil Alarm function in the smart guage fairly easily, but I don't think that will make the alarm go away.

that's a tough one.

RU

Do you have different alarms for different things?

Mine has been going off when I'm idling around, or backing the boat off the trailer or from dock. But I think mine is from the water pump impeller. I've heard these should be replaced every 3 years or so as preventative maintenance. Could this be what is causing your alarm to go off?

I had a chance to check this out yesterday and found that there is a float in the oil tank and the oil reserve tank did have about a inch of air in it, topped that reserve off and the alarm quit sounding smile. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

HTB