Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gofishingtom

purchasing a motor

4 posts in this topic

anybody have any ideas where i can go to look for motors that are foresale since mine blew im looking at my options to either get a new motor head put in or purchasing a 2005-2008 optimax 175 for my lund if the pricing to put a new powerhead on my 175efi is close to a new motor i might go with a new motor..any pricing and help would be appreciated.. at this time i havent called any repair shops so dont know what my options really are yet price wise..boat repair guys give me some options and ball park some prices for me so i know what to expect here..thanks

yes ran out of oil no warning..my fault was letting it run down so i could change oil brands and dint know it was that low as of last time i checked it also has a reserve on motor and it was out also..so it was a costly mistake on my part..after talking to several shops looks like my best option is to order a new powerhead and switch it out..just cant afford dropping 10,000 on new motor even though it would be nice..and im told the new powerhead will have at least a year warranty