Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gofishingtom

purchasing a motor

4 posts in this topic

anybody have any ideas where i can go to look for motors that are foresale since mine blew im looking at my options to either get a new motor head put in or purchasing a 2005-2008 optimax 175 for my lund if the pricing to put a new powerhead on my 175efi is close to a new motor i might go with a new motor..any pricing and help would be appreciated.. at this time i havent called any repair shops so dont know what my options really are yet price wise..boat repair guys give me some options and ball park some prices for me so i know what to expect here..thanks

have you determined why it locked up? was it out of oil?

yes ran out of oil no warning..my fault was letting it run down so i could change oil brands and dint know it was that low as of last time i checked it also has a reserve on motor and it was out also..so it was a costly mistake on my part..after talking to several shops looks like my best option is to order a new powerhead and switch it out..just cant afford dropping 10,000 on new motor even though it would be nice..and im told the new powerhead will have at least a year warranty

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]