• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Canoe Evening

I just "had" to get the canoe on the water this evening....knew the lake was going to be like glass!....perfect night for the flyrod!....grabbed a couple rods and headed to one of my favorite little bass/bluegill lakes.....had fun! grin(all released )

had to paddle a couple hundred feet up this little creek to get to the lake....

redcanoe.jpg

my first fish!....Man -o- man can these guys fight on a flyrod! grin

bluegill55.jpg

my next fish....these guys pull the canoe around! grin

bass12.jpg

bluegill09.jpg

apparently shiners like poppers too!..... grin

shiner8.jpg

herons were really working the shorelines....

heron9.jpg

Wonderful series. My father and I used to spend some great days out in the canoe on the smaller lakes around the Hibbing area and this series really takes me back to great memories. Excellent blue heron image!

That looks like a great time. I was actually out in my canoe last night and caught my best bass from this small lake - 19 1/2". However, I sure would like getting into some sunnies with ultralight spinning tackle. I've never tried fly fishing, but it sounds like a blast.

I agree with Shawn on the heron shot.

Hey Johnny Redhorse, is this that lake that is over by Mcquade Lake? I can't remember the name, but I remember that we had to paddle down a creek to get into it. If it is the same lake I'm thinking of, there are or were some standing dead timbers in one end that used to have these ultra weird birds that used to perch up in the trees and sit still with their wings spread. I now know that those birds are cormorants smile Thanks for any feedback.