• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

marine man? or boat fixer

gofishingtom

just got in from lake as coming in motor kinda popped and quit no warning or warning beeps went off well oil was out..and i screwed 175efi merc if i add oil in morning how do i get it pumped into motor if nothing is wrong..im pretty sure there is but by chance!!! give me a estimate at what i could be looking for damage worse case secnario and best case thanks

worscase you fried your engine best case is that you get a good deal on a boat motor.. i would bet that one of the connecting rods are sticking out of the crankcase.. does it turn over?? if it does freely, breathe a sign of relief.. if it doent trun at all or turns slowly and grinds start looking for a new motor.. funny it doesnt have a low level oil light er something. take the spark plugs out and put oil in those holes.. im thinking if it was out of oil its done for.. did it bog or just go ping and quit?

it bogged and quit....was a pop nothing and no it wont turn over at all so having it fixed is not an option here..not that i have money laying around..If i got repaired cost estimate and how long will it be in shop? it has always had low warning beep for oil just not this time and its going to cost me dearly

so guys i looked online and found powerheads for my motor and looks like 3100 gets me powerhead and that includes shipping and all..now when the powerhead arrives at my marine shop how much time and trouble is it to swap out the powerheads and what is the estimate to do this above and beyond the 3100 for the new powerhead....

its siezed.. how much whole new boat motor?? i would guess full day or 2 in the shop depending on shop how busy they are, experience, ect.. they usually charge $10 to 20 an hour for mechanical labor.. maby 4 grand.. are those powerheads new or used?

i believe they are rebuilt because they require that the old core be sent back for a 600 credit..new motor would run probably im guessing 7000-10000 but not sure need to call a few repair shops monday to find out my options.. if anybody has any good options for me or knows somebody that can do the work please let me know live in st. cloud..and really would like my boat in 2-3 weeks as i have a tournement that i paid for and dont want to lose my money