Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeaddict

Planer question???

3 posts in this topic

Why do they want to bounce so much? I use a heavy baitcasting rod that won't give to the deepest deep diver.It has to affect how the lure is running doesn't it? Is there a special rod or what? Just tryn to learn something new. Bought the walleye boards with tattle tales by church tackle. Any help is appreciated.

yeah, you do not want too stiff of a rod for pulling boards.. A good medium action 8' to 8'6" with a forgiving tip section is what you should look at.. Lots of good options out there. Personally, I use the Walleye Angler Signature Series rods you find at Bass Pro.

This is for walleye.. Salmon, I use Shimano Talora Board rods, same concept, just a bit more power in the blank for bigger fishes.

Couple more suggestions --- use mono instead of a no-stretch superline, and troll with the waves instead of into them. These will also help give the boards more a surge-pause motion, instead of bouncing wildly and pulling out of the water.