Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

MPLS Lite Rail ????

12 posts in this topic

Me and the family are heading up to the Twins game on sunday. They have never ridden the train, and I know that is passes by the Dome. My question is, is the MOA a great place to park and ride?

I have never been on Minneapolis's trains, but have been on the "EL" in Chicago and the bullet in Japan.

NO! Technically speaking there are no Park and Ride spaces at the MOA! You'll be better off parking for free at the 28th Ave station or Fort Snelling which would be your best bet IMO! Get there kind of early the trains can fill up fast!

Welcome to MPLS I hope your're packing Heat...J/K!.... grin

http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/

Go Twins!... smile

I'll be going to the Twins game on Sunday also and will be parking at the 28th street station. There's a new parking ramp there. It takes about 1/2 hour to get from MOA to the Humpty Dump.

If I'm not mistaken, the game starts at 1:10. I plan on being at 28th street by no later than 11:30. After the game, don't be in too big of a hurry to get back onto the train. You'll have better luck getting on a meat wagon with a herd of cattle heading for the slaughter house.

Isn't the parking at the MOA ok? They don't know if I am shopping or not, the game gets done before the mall closes.

For what it would take for the game to finish and the round trip ride on the rail, parking at the MOA should be ok.

Welcome to MPLS I hope your're packing Heat...J/K!.... grin

I used to live in the cities. I used to pick my ex GF up at the midway Hollywood Video at 2 AM. Suprised I never did get shot!!

I live about 6 miles from the mall.

I take the light rail from time to time.

you simply go in on the EAST side and park

on the second level (PEACH)

then go down one flight of stairs and your at the MOA STOP

Easy smeasy Not a desinated Park and Ride I am very sure you will be good to go no worries!

Have fun at the game.

FINS

Hey LEP- watch for me, I will be the guy wearing the Twins hat.

Hey LEP- watch for me, I will be the guy wearing the Twins hat.

Hey zamboni,

I think I saw you. Along with all of your "Twins" grin

LEP, I went out before the start of the game to get pops and a couple hot dogs, after standing in a never ending line, and going back in to take my seat, we were down 3-0. Kinda ruined my day right away.

And BTW- the MOA to the Dome route on the lite rail is very popular, so much so upon exiting the Dome, we passed on one train and waited for the next one. Still had to stand the whole way back to the MOA. Noone gives up their seats to a couple with 3 little kids apparently- so the kids sat on the floor. Nice.

And BTW- the MOA to the Dome route on the lite rail is very popular, so much so upon exiting the Dome, we passed on one train and waited for the next one. Still had to stand the whole way back to the MOA. Noone gives up their seats to a couple with 3 little kids apparently- so the kids sat on the floor. Nice.

Thats pretty common after the game. You need to leave in the 8th inning if you want to catch the first train out. If you wait until the game is over you'll be lucky if you only have to pass on the first train. And I am not suprised people didn't give up their seats. Unless you're elderly or pregnant you best expect to stand.

I've actually stopped riding the light rail when going to the games. When I lived near Fort Snelling I would take it to the game all the time but if you go with one other person its cheaper to drive down and split the cost of parking instead of both buying light rail tickets.

Also if you thought it was bad for a Twins game make sure you never attempt it for a vikings game. Just imagine twice as many people and then imagine half of them being drunk, its not a pretty site. The last time i did that there was a group of drunk morons heckling some poor women who was just trying to get to work. The light rail after a vikings game really makes you question how far the human race has come over the last 2 million years of evolution.

Its even worse if you ride it for the Holidazle parade!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• nice story, fishing has a way of easing the pains we have. even when we hurt like crazy when done for the day we are looking forward to the next outing.
    • way to go, guys yep, the toms not about to give up even though its close to closing time have seen several strutters the past couple weeks and heard gobbles yesterday while fishing
    • great job. makes it 5 for 5 for team 5 congrats on a nice tom, 57 and that willl give our team score a boost
    • One More Cast      Photo by:  Roger Abraham   If any of you out there are regular readers of my tales, you have followed my recent struggles with back and knees.  I can’t put a name to this drive I have to be on the stream as of late.  It borders on obsession. I guess in my mind if I am healthy enough to fish the world is right with me and I am not getting old and feeble.      Today I was a witness to that I am not the only one.  Lots of anglers and hunters live to go out into the outdoors. .  It is what drives them.  It makes them feel alive.  It is their passion.  I told my fishing buddy Abe today my thoughts.  I told him how I was feeling a little old.  I guess my 60th birthday coming up next month makes me feel mortal.  Abe laughed and said I was a young buck compared to him.  Abe turns 76 this year.     Abe told me tales about catching big trout in tiny streams in Wisconsin and out west.  The twinkle in his eye when he reminisced I had seen before in many trout anglers.      We fished a stretch for 2 hours.  I sat down and rested often.  Abe kept on fishing. He got hung up in a box elder branch and lost a lure.  Abe told me box elders trees were his nemesis when he fished.   He asked me which tree was my kryptonite.  I told him, "ones with branches."  We both had a chuckle and continued fishing.   I thought to myself this guy is really driven.  I hope I am like him at 76.     We got to the vehicle and Abe wanted to continue fishing.  Abe’s waders sprang a leak earlier and he fell in the water a couple times.  He was quite wet.  He wanted to change in to dry clothes before we continue.  Abe peeled off his wet shirt and there were two things stuck to his chest.  He could tell by my questioning look he needed to tell me what was up.     Abe told me he had been having heart problems lately and he was supposed to be wearing a heart monitor.  He left it in the car because he was afraid of getting the electronics wet.  Here I have been whining about being old and the guy I was fishing with left his heart monitor in his vehicle.      Abe reassured me that he was in no danger and he could continue fishing.  I started brainstorming on a place to fish where it was not so hard walking.  Now that I knew he was not as healthy as he looked I wanted an easy place to fish.  I knew the place and it was upstream 5 miles.     We arrived at the well manicured field.  It looked like a golf green.  I picked the area because the farmer kept sheep and goats on the land and the weeds and brush were gone because of the goats.  We walked and fished.     Abe told tales of the old days and of fish lost and landed.  I walked a little forward to fish and looked back to check up on Abe.  What I saw when I looked back scared me and I immediately asked Abe if he was ok.  Abe was laying flat on the ground face down.  I thought the worst and he could tell by my face.  He told me to calm down.  His back was acting up and he needed to straight it out and that was the best way to do it.   We fished a little bit more and he took a photo of me.  He liked the lighting. He told me it captured the essence of trout fishing.  He did not have a camera.  I let him use mine.  He was not camera savvy and needed an impromptu lesson on how to use it.   We drove to his car and we talked about our love of the outdoors. We shook hands and headed our separate ways and promised to fish again soon.  As I drove home I smiled and thought about how I am going to be when I am 76.  I hope I am like Abe and my eyes still twinkle when I talk of chasing trout and I am still driven to make one more cast.
    • The past week has had me having multiple close calls and missing a brute at 45 yards.  Tonight I talked my dad to give it another try and there were birds in the field when we got there.  Birds ended up leaving as we tried to sneak in.  A short 20 minutes later they were back and we watched and worked the big group of toms and hens for more than 2 hours before we got one to commit.  Dad shot him with his 20 gauge at 48 yards,(this thing shoots an awesome pattern).  The 3 year old was down and only flopped a few times.   Nice 1+ inch spurs, 10" beard and heavy.  A good evening for sure!
    • Sorry to disappoint guys, but this tom was not my first bird of the season. Apparently that's part of the rules. The score won't count towards the team. I don't have any measurements for the jake I shot so we will have a zero from me.    At least my freezer is full. 
    • Way to  go 1957 !! Congrats!!
    • sugar is not a drug. 
    • Another good day today out on Superior ,,,, Had my first double and triple in the new rig today ,,, the day didnt start out with perfect weather but the fishing more then made up for it ,,, The mud  covers a lot of water but fishing the tea  colored water and edges of the mud paid off ,,, the cohos grew 5 inches  from eating this years smelt,,,, had some go 23 inches today 
  • Our Sponsors