• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MPLS Lite Rail ????

zamboni

Question

Me and the family are heading up to the Twins game on sunday. They have never ridden the train, and I know that is passes by the Dome. My question is, is the MOA a great place to park and ride?

I have never been on Minneapolis's trains, but have been on the "EL" in Chicago and the bullet in Japan.

11 answers to this question

NO! Technically speaking there are no Park and Ride spaces at the MOA! You'll be better off parking for free at the 28th Ave station or Fort Snelling which would be your best bet IMO! Get there kind of early the trains can fill up fast!

Welcome to MPLS I hope your're packing Heat...J/K!.... grin

http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/

Go Twins!... smile

I'll be going to the Twins game on Sunday also and will be parking at the 28th street station. There's a new parking ramp there. It takes about 1/2 hour to get from MOA to the Humpty Dump.

If I'm not mistaken, the game starts at 1:10. I plan on being at 28th street by no later than 11:30. After the game, don't be in too big of a hurry to get back onto the train. You'll have better luck getting on a meat wagon with a herd of cattle heading for the slaughter house.

I live about 6 miles from the mall.

I take the light rail from time to time.

you simply go in on the EAST side and park

on the second level (PEACH)

then go down one flight of stairs and your at the MOA STOP

Easy smeasy Not a desinated Park and Ride I am very sure you will be good to go no worries!

Have fun at the game.

FINS

LEP, I went out before the start of the game to get pops and a couple hot dogs, after standing in a never ending line, and going back in to take my seat, we were down 3-0. Kinda ruined my day right away.

And BTW- the MOA to the Dome route on the lite rail is very popular, so much so upon exiting the Dome, we passed on one train and waited for the next one. Still had to stand the whole way back to the MOA. Noone gives up their seats to a couple with 3 little kids apparently- so the kids sat on the floor. Nice.

And BTW- the MOA to the Dome route on the lite rail is very popular, so much so upon exiting the Dome, we passed on one train and waited for the next one. Still had to stand the whole way back to the MOA. Noone gives up their seats to a couple with 3 little kids apparently- so the kids sat on the floor. Nice.

Thats pretty common after the game. You need to leave in the 8th inning if you want to catch the first train out. If you wait until the game is over you'll be lucky if you only have to pass on the first train. And I am not suprised people didn't give up their seats. Unless you're elderly or pregnant you best expect to stand.

I've actually stopped riding the light rail when going to the games. When I lived near Fort Snelling I would take it to the game all the time but if you go with one other person its cheaper to drive down and split the cost of parking instead of both buying light rail tickets.

Also if you thought it was bad for a Twins game make sure you never attempt it for a vikings game. Just imagine twice as many people and then imagine half of them being drunk, its not a pretty site. The last time i did that there was a group of drunk morons heckling some poor women who was just trying to get to work. The light rail after a vikings game really makes you question how far the human race has come over the last 2 million years of evolution.