Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Indyfishing

Vermilion pike fishing

5 posts in this topic

I am heading to vermilion the first week of July and plan to spend alot of time fishing for pike. Can anyone give me some advice on what types of lures to use? I want to stock the tacklebox ahead of time.

Spoons, Spinnerbaits,Topwater Frogs are a few that have worked for me. Good Luck!

If you are looking for action I would get a bunch of white spinnerbaits with white 4" trailers and pound the shallower bays. If you are looking for quality over quantity I would get some larger x-raps or some depth raiders and work deeper humps, mainlake islands, and points that extend into deeper water.

53orbigger

Thanks for the info. One week to go! I hope I can fit every thing in the car.

The big V is a great lake for big pike. Most of mine come "incidentally" while I'm fishing for muskies. They're a great bonus!

My faves are big spinnerbaits like the rad dog or grinder. Medium to large bucktails (or silicone or flashabou). Topwaters...like the top raider. And crankbaits... the Jake is my favorite.

Big pike love weeds. And they love rocks. Vermilion has lots of both. Find them in combo and hold on.