Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
winniewalleye777

What's next?

3 posts in this topic

I have a friend who's black lab recently had a litter of boxador pups. There are ten total, 8 females and 2 males. The puppies seem very healthy and are approaching 3 weeks old. He is wondering the next step with them. He is planning on selling most of them.

His first question is what is the next step with feeding? does he go straight to hard puppy food, or does he make a liquid/hard food mixture. When should he make the change from mom's milk?

His other questions are with selling the pups. How much should he ask for? Should he get them shots or anything before placing an ad? What is the correct age to place an ad to sell the pups?

Sorry for all the questions, but the puppies are getting big already and he just wants to know what the next step is. Thanks for any suggestions!!

The mother should nurse for a few more weeks and gradually switch to softened puppy chow. Then at 7 to 8 weeks they can go to non softened.

I would probably give them for free don't know if anyone will pay much for mutts these days.

With my Springer pups, at about 4 1/2 weeks I start them on puppy food soaked with warm water for about 20 minutes. So it is close to mush. Over the next 5 or so days we back off the amount of water, then dry dog food till the go home at 7 weeks.