• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What flasher would you recommend for ice fishing?

FisH_SLaYer24

I've been doing a little research and I have been talking with one of my dads friends and seems like he might be able to get me an FL 20 for $400... maybe even less. I have also looked for the closeout LX 5s but I cant find any cry I have also looked at the FL 12s and 18s. I like those units also.

Does anyone have the Humminbirds and if you do have you been having any problems with it? I have heard that the transducers have a hard time finding the bottom. So not really sure if I want to invest in a Humminbird.

Thanks,

Chris

I used a 45 and 55 most of last winter. Never once did I have an issue with a ducer in regards to finding bottom.

Some had issues with the support cable and it works great when you just leave the support cable off the unit. It is not needed.

If you are looking for a unit with the best target seperation, look no further tha the MarCum. I use all of the them and to me, the marCum is #1, then the Bird unit. The M

I cannot say anything bad about a Vex as I have used a 8 & a 18 for years but I simply like the other two better. MarCum just has better target seperation but I do like the Birds also.

I am going to be doing more panfishing than anything else... Which flasher would you recommend FL 20 or LX 5?

Also jwhjr how long do you think you will have those LX-5s at those prices? I am only 15 turning 16 in august and thats when I am probably going to purchase my new flasher!

Thanks,

Chris

I would go with the LX-5 but that's a personal prefference. To be honest, all flashers are going to help you out. I've used my $150 FL-8 I bought used and works just fine. Just no zoom on the bottom and such.

Also jwhjr how long do you think you will have those LX-5s at those prices? I am only 15 turning 16 in august and thats when I am probably going to purchase my new flasher!

Thanks,

Chris

Since this isn't prime time for selling them, I would guess they might still be around until then. I'm only selling one of them.

I bought and used a HB 55 last year and it worked flawlessly. I fished both shallow and deep, and let me tell you, no problems finding bottom. Love the display, plenty of power and separation and it has been rock solid. Good batteries also.

Good Luck!

I have a Bird35 right now and I love it. If you can't afford much this is the way to go. That was my situation last year (and for the next few I believe). I used to own a Vex FL-8 and it did its purpose, but for me the Bird is better. I have had no problem with the unit, as it has performed flawlessly. Either way though, any flasher will help you catch fish.

I still use my Lowarnce Fish-Locator green box...he he, just kidding - but they are really fun to use when i learned how to dial it in properly.

I have the newer FL-8 se Vex, and no complaints here! I got an opportunity to use my buddy's FL-12 and that was a nice machine - very clear readout.