• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What flasher would you recommend for ice fishing?

FisH_SLaYer24

I am looking to buy a new flasher this year for ice fishing and don't know which one to buy. My spending range is between $200-$400. I like the Vexilars, but haven't done alot of research on the other brands such as Humminbird and Marcum. Any info, help, or tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Like flooring guy said, you will hear all voices on a question like this. But it comes down to one thing for me, and that is separation and interferance and in my opinion, the flasher that does those the best is Marcum. I run a LX 5 and by adding in the superfine line and dual beam transducer, I have all I could ever ask for. I also have an LX 3tc from Marcum and it still works like a charm. I think with some good shopping and studying, you will be able to add a good flasher of your choice to your ice aresenol! Mine is loaded with Marcum. Good Luck

I have an FL-18, I have a friend that has an Lx-3. both are nice machines. I think it will be a personal preference for you. I have a Friend that has one of the new hummingbirds, he is up in the air if he likes it better than his vexilar. Best advice is to go look at all of the models and determine what your personal preference is.

My vote goes for vexilar fl-20. I have only used it a couple of times but it is awesome. I had and Fl-8 for about ten years and figured it was time to up grade. I first went with a humminbird ice 35 and love it,BUT it went to [PoorWordUsage] on me twice in a month. For the money the ice-35 is great, I just couldn't use something that wasn't reliable. So I went back to what I cut my teeth on and won't ever go back.

I run a Lx-3 and picked up a Lx-5 when they went on sale I have been very happy with both units.

As stated above do a little shopping around and you maybe able to find the Lx -5 still on sale.

Sifty

The Marcum is the best in my opinion. That being said, the are all quality units now, but it is what you are most familiar with using. I own a few Marcums and have used the Vexilars on and off, but when I have used the Vex's, I can't wait to get back to my Marcum.