• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early Goose, when is too early?

I don't usually start scouting till around august when the young ones are flying around more. I guess I don't really have to do much scouting though since I usually go to the same 4-5 spots every year and they are on private land.

Anybody think they'll start the season on August 29th (the last saturday)or wait til after school starts cry September 5th?

And also when do youy guys start scouting 4 early season? Is it too early still? Thanx wink

No, doubt it that the season opener will be on Aug 29th but who knows?

Usually I will get permission for the same fields months in advance and chat with the owners as well. I'll start scouting when the fields are harvested!

It doesn't pay to start scouting until a couple weeks before the season in my experiences. Especially if some fields get harvested closer to the season.

I hope they don't open it on the 29th. It gets awefully hot sitting in camo in sun and 70 degrees!

Originally Posted By: french_lake_kid
Anybody think they'll start the season on August 29th (the last saturday)or wait til after school starts cry September 5th?

And also when do youy guys start scouting 4 early season? Is it too early still? Thanx wink

No, doubt it that the season opener will be on Aug 29th but who knows?

Usually I will get permission for the same fields months in advance and chat with the owners as well. I'll start scouting when the fields are harvested!

quackaddict9 your on the foiles forum to aren;t you?

Its never to early to start looking for fields to hunt. I've been looking for fields sence the small grain started coming up. If you hunt water a couple of weeks are good. The 29th would be nice but I don't see it till the 5th.

Yep, not so much scouting for birds but trying to obtain permission for fields. It's nice to try to get a feel for is you are the only ones that have permission for the fields as well. Nothing can ruin a day more then getting all set up and ready only to have some other group (that has permission as well) set up (typically in a stupid spot) and ruin the day.