• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

missing the other season....

shizzy

is this typical?

all winter sitting in my shack dreaming of sitting in my boat on a nice summer day.

today while sitting in my boat on a nice summer day I was dreaming about sitting in my shack staring at little colored lights on my flasher.

am I insane?? crazy

My advice is... Enjoy the season you have, even as you look forward to the one in the future.

That being said, I usually daydream about ice fishing during the sunny 95 degree days with 99.97% humidity.

I think about ice fishing all the time....I generally only get to go once or twice a year! Try that on for size! lol

Since our heat index has been up around 110 lately....I think about it even more!

I also live for the hard water. I was setting up my new mosquito magnet in the yard today and thinking....."wouldn't need one of these in the fish house on Mille Lacs!!! smilesmilesmile only 6 months til ice fishing!!!

We may have the same affliction.

I was just hanging out with my 5 year-old son today. My auger had failed to start about a month ago for unknown reasons. I still don't know why I was messing around with it in May. crazy

Anyway, we decided to make a run up to StrikeMaster before lunch. The guys there took it in the back and had it running in about 30 seconds. Apparently, the diaphragm was stuck. We all had a good laugh about the quick fix then they showed me how to remedy it... should it happen again.

Maybe they were just laughing about my potential insanity. After all, what's a guy need an ice auger for this time of year. The boys were grilling in the shop today and were nice enough to offer us a couple of burgers. These guys can even cook... quite well I might add.

I had a brief moment of weakness after the burgers and bought a new 10" auger drill. After all, size does matter and the 8" Lazer drill I had at home just didn't seem adequate anymore.

Definitely, first-class guys up there, fellas.

Now, about this sickness I seem to have...