• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lures

My girlfriends dads gave me a big tackle box with pretty much all of the basic muskie lures in it. I am going out this weekend and I'm fairly new to the sport so i was wonder what lures to use this saturday. I will be fishing a fairly clear lake. I'm still looking for my first fish over 40 inches. hopefully I get it this weekend. Thanks in advance for the help

Yo King, clear water u say, we've been slowly fishing dawgs and it has worked great so far in 09'. Actually, we've found some of these fish in open water suspended off points and humps. The strikes are coming as the bait is falling through the water column before it hits or nears bottom. Soft strikes, but angry once hooked up.

I'd say that lures are more dependent on the spot your fishing than the lake, but you can factor in color. For clear water usually go with the more natural colors, or on a bright day maybe go gaudy. But if your fishin shallow early or late in the day a topwater is hard to beat, during the day i like dawgs or gliders. Good luck.