• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

City Dog licences

DRH1175

What does everyone think of these? I understand the purpose of making sure every dog in the city has had it's rabies shot. To protect residents. Our city charges $15 annually so $30 a year to have my 2 golden retrievers. I feel this is outragous! It seems like it is more of an honor system thing so why not make it cheaper or free so everyone would do it. I went in yesterday to get mine and only 27 dogs in our city. Yeah right!

I'm in St. Paul and will probably get the license for my pup. But ours is only $11 per year or I think its $30 or so for a lifetime license. To get the lifetime license you also have to have your dog microchiped which is $40.

If it were $30 a year I would probably skip it like many people do but a one time fee of $30 I can live with just for the off chance the dog gets loose and picked up by the city.

I'll be getting the microchip and license shortly. The application is already filled out actually.

Also I was talking with a friend of mine who owns a dog and I asked him if he registered it. He had no clue that he was supposed to. I think thats the case with alot of people. Ignorance is bliss for them I guess.

our city charges $10 for male/female, and $5 for spay/nueter.

also cats are supposed to be tagged too, except I wouldn't own one of them unless it pointed or retreived.

If you don't buy a tag, and are caught, the fine doubles, and can get a ticket for an untagged pet.

I pay the fee, for my english, and german, my neighbor don't pay for his 2 germans.

Basically in our small town, if your dog is out and caught, the tage tells Joe where to take the dog back too. after you pay the fines.. you get the dog...

My dogs are in kennel, and no problems, but I know one guy who never got the tags and ended up his dog running 3 or 4 times and costing him about $400 buck...

I think the other main reason for the tags are to insure that people are getting proper Rabies Vacs so when Poochie gets out and bites, if it had a tag, it was probably vaccinated..

Our town has the two tier system as well. I think it's $15/$10. That a pet peeve of mine...what interest does the city have in whether my dog is neutered or not?

Originally Posted By: 11-87

Our town has the two tier system as well. I think it's $15/$10. That a pet peeve of mine...what interest does the city have in whether my dog is neutered or not?

Ours is like $12 and $27. I don't know what difference it makes to them, other than I suppose intact dogs tend to cause more problems (i.e. escaping to "do the duty").

I've got ours registered--not too big of a deal, I guess, considering all the other money we have invested in him. But I know a lot of unregistered dogs.