• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Food for thought.....

My wife is into cooking (I'm lucky there!!!) and is always trying new things. She's also into photography and just started taking shots of some of the foods she cooks, mainly for her blog. Anyways....here are a few shots of some of the recent dishes. Any C&C is welcome! The pics look better with borders but she must have that programmed in her blog and not the actual pics.

3592910338_c54be23e99.jpg

3592910418_99dd824efa.jpg

3592910486_278374a2d4.jpg

3618442810_7993d44bee.jpg

3618442760_64f33252aa.jpg

3505655797_87f24b3d32.jpg

Alright--I just gained ten pounds by looking at these. I think food traditionally is supposed to be difficult to photograph so that it looks palatable, isn't it? No problem with that here. The clarity is nice too.

Yummy!!These are very nice. My only critique would be to watch out for the background. In 1 and 2 the background is a little distracting. I especially like #2 but the door and other items in the background are distracting. Maybe instead of the wine bottles, try something that goes with caramel rolls, like maybe a cup of steaming coffee. The wine bottles would be great with a pasta dish or something like that.

She's doing great with both the cooking and the photography!!

Just got back from a nice weekend up north...fishing was a bit slow though.

Thanks for the C&C, I also felt the door in the background was distracting. I like the coffee idea....that would have been a better background for the rolls. Good info to pass along.

A couple of the recipes are on her blog, but most of not due to copyright. On the grill is one of a few pizza's we made using olive oil dough from a book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. If you guys like making home made pizza's this dough is excellent to use for it. It's soooooo much better than anything you can buy at the grocery store. Doing it on the grill like that gives it a nice crunch as well.