Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnglerJake

Depthfinder advice

10 posts in this topic

I have a 14'Lund, I fish mainly small lakes in Indiana with occasional trips to the Arrowhead region of Minnesota. Looking for advice on depthfinder. I would like to keep the price around $300. Color would be nice. Any ideas? Thanks!

go with a humminbird imho they are teh best bang for the buck!!

I would check out Humminbirds line of flashers for that amount of money. I believe the 535 or 565 falls into that price range and from what I have they work well with few to no issues.

For $350 you can the Hummingbird 586c. Otherwise you can get the 343c for $280. I think for $50 you'd be happier with the 500 series though.

go with a humminbird imho they are teh best bang for the buck!!

Yeah, that's what I would do too.

i would say to look at a lowrance x67 color. I think they are just a tad over $300. I have one and I love it

565 is an awesome unit. Easy to install and use. I have one on my boat and fish mostly shallow prairie potholes. No complaints from me, I like the unit.

Thanks for all the advice. Should be receiving my Humminbird 343c from ProFishing Supply in the next few days. Jake