Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew

GPS for car

10 posts in this topic

What's the best bang for your buck when buying a gps for your car. Tom Tom, Magellan, Garmin or others? Does anybody have any info.

Thank You

I dont know the model, but I got a Tom Tom that I bought last year at GM for 200$ with a 50$ mail in rebate. Takes me right were I want to go.

Before I bought my Garmin, I checked out reviews on Amazon. Garmin does get better reviews than Tom Tom. I bought a refurbished one just before I went to KY on vacation. I drove over 2000 miles and it was amazingly accurate.

I just got a Garmin nuvi 255w and so far it is great. Very easy to use. A two thumbs up for sure!!

Get a Lowrance XOG for around $150. You can use it on the water or in the field. On 2 trips to Georgia it took us right to our motel and found whatever restaurants we decided to eat at. You can put a Navionics lake chip in it or a Lakemaster chip, which you sure can't do with a Tom tom.

I use my lowrance 104c from the boat. got an extra bracket and gps module. I have map create topo. works great just put it back on the boat when I go fishing. and I have a backup module if one goes bad in the boat. dual use more bang for the buck.

if you have a blackberry, garmin has an app for it that is the same maps as my nuvi 765. they make a mount for it also. other than that i have had a couple different models but love the nuvi the most. one thing if you are going to spend the money get the lifetime map program where you do not have to purchase updates etc.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205W and love it. I like the W (wide screen 4.3" diag). I just saw an ad for it for about $140 (I think). If you go with a Garmin get one that has the last digit of 5. This is has the newer receiver (locks in quicker). Those 700 series with lane assist look awesome.

E bay has some refurbs, too.

i just got a Garmin nüvi 255WT and like it. the wife bought it at best buy for like 160

I bouought Garman a couple of years ago and it worked great. I got a Sprint Instinct this spring and now just use that. If you don't go with a smart phone that has it, then get the Tom Tom with up to date Traffic on it. My phone has that and it's an awesome feature. It will tell you where there's conjestion on your route and you can have it re-route you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• We use ventless, but we have enough cracks in ours that we get plenty of fresh air  plus we don't sleep in ours.   I agree with the "door frosting shut" comment! . I do use a homemade "two 12v computer fans" contraption that moves the air around pretty good good, i just mount it above the furnace and it blows the rising heat down and to the sides.
    • I'd be more worried about height.   You might wind up hitting the roof quite a bit when you move your spear unless you hang it with the spear head in the water?   Might want to that out first.
    • I have two decoy jig sticks that just slip in between the rods and 'canvas' on the roof.  A fish can pull some line off it hits hard.  A Velcro loop can be added for additional security.   There are more custom ways of doing it but that works for me.
    • I'll betcha the camera doesn't survive the summer.   And I clean my weeds off and the pull the plug too without grumbling.
    • I know...   It was a joke...   This is Sillytown (capital S)...     I did check to see if the article was legit though.
    • Hoont Robust Electronic Rodent Trap - Clean and Humane Extermination of Mice, Rats and Squirrels [UPGRADED VERSION] by Hoont 4.9 out of 5 stars 37 customer reviews   Want it Saturday, Dec. 10? Order within 2 hrs 18 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details Sold by Four Corners Dist. and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available. EASY TO USE– Simply plug in the device with the provided adapter or insert batteries, apply a small amount of bait, such as peanut butter, etc., then place the Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap at the desired location and power it on. The Electronic Rat Trap will emit a 7000V shock when a rodent enters into the trap, instantly killing the rodent. New more powerful upgraded version. ADVANCED SMART DETECTION TECHNOLOGY – The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap is equipped with advanced rodent detection technology, which ensures that rats and all other rodents get instantly killed, without any possibility of escaping. Works for Mice, Rats, Squirrels, Chipmunks and other similar rodents. ULTRA HUMANE - The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap kills the rodents as quickly and humanely as possible. It works by emitting a 7000V electric shock, which instantly kills the rodent, with virtually no pain to the rodent. SAFE & NO MESS – Get rodent free without the use of dangerous poisons and chemicals / Discarding the rodent is a breeze with absolutely no mess. No blood and no touching of dead rodents; to discard the exterminated rodent, simply pick up the device, slide the dead rodent into the trash bin and place the trap back to its location ready for its next catch. / Dimensions: 11” x 4.5” x 5” PLUG-IN or BATTERIES - The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap comes with a 5 Ft. plug-in adapter for hassle free unlimited kills. Can also be operated with 4 ‘D’ batteries (batteries not included), allowing up to 30+ kills per set of batteries. / Features also an extension plugin- indicator light for hard-to-reach areas, that enables to check for trapped rodents without the need to check the actual device. / Upgraded parts for enhanced performance. There are cheaper options but I thought you guys would prefer the good one.... It will even catch dinner for reb.     I think that 110 isn't going to do it for rodents.   This baby has 7000 volts...  
    • If you install a ventless heater please list me as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy
    • This is silly town.  It was a joke, although on a stand alone basis the article was pretty interesting.   If it was an actual discussion item it would have been posted in one of the hunting forums. 
  • Our Sponsors