• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS for car

Drew

Question

9 answers to this question

Before I bought my Garmin, I checked out reviews on Amazon. Garmin does get better reviews than Tom Tom. I bought a refurbished one just before I went to KY on vacation. I drove over 2000 miles and it was amazingly accurate.

Get a Lowrance XOG for around $150. You can use it on the water or in the field. On 2 trips to Georgia it took us right to our motel and found whatever restaurants we decided to eat at. You can put a Navionics lake chip in it or a Lakemaster chip, which you sure can't do with a Tom tom.

I use my lowrance 104c from the boat. got an extra bracket and gps module. I have map create topo. works great just put it back on the boat when I go fishing. and I have a backup module if one goes bad in the boat. dual use more bang for the buck.

if you have a blackberry, garmin has an app for it that is the same maps as my nuvi 765. they make a mount for it also. other than that i have had a couple different models but love the nuvi the most. one thing if you are going to spend the money get the lifetime map program where you do not have to purchase updates etc.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205W and love it. I like the W (wide screen 4.3" diag). I just saw an ad for it for about $140 (I think). If you go with a Garmin get one that has the last digit of 5. This is has the newer receiver (locks in quicker). Those 700 series with lane assist look awesome.

E bay has some refurbs, too.

I bouought Garman a couple of years ago and it worked great. I got a Sprint Instinct this spring and now just use that. If you don't go with a smart phone that has it, then get the Tom Tom with up to date Traffic on it. My phone has that and it's an awesome feature. It will tell you where there's conjestion on your route and you can have it re-route you.