Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondarider550

Is anybody going to the AQHA horse show in Denison Iowa this weekend?

4 posts in this topic

Is anybody going to the AQHA horse show in Denison Iowa this weekend?

I am thinking about heading down to this show if my schedule allows me to on Saturday. I would like to check out some opportunities that are available to show my quarter horse mare and her new little filly eventually. The show ring is all new to me so I am rather interested in checking out our options...

I might be headed to the show in Brookings. My daughter's judging coach is showing, so they might go and watch, maybe do a little judging.

We have friends that may be coming down for a 4-H fun show, so we may end up going to that instead.

If you do go to the show in Denison, let us know what you think about it all.

I made it to the Denison show on Saturday. I really did not get to see many classes since my daughter had to be at work at 3. What I did see has sparked my daughter and my interest for sure and I plan on attending a few more shows to see where I could get started.

There is another show in Dension on July 10 - 12 so if things work out I will be there for one of the days....

Does anybody know of any shows that are coming up in the near future???

If you are looking for a variety of shows, check out different county fairs. I know ours will have an open show after the 4-H'ers get done competing with their livestock events. My daughter started out doing the showmanship at halter, and other non-riding events at both the 4-H and open show to gain some experience.