• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rules for the Fishing Shack

SunneyeDay

I'm trying to come up with a list of rules for my house (which becomes a "fishing shack" for the summer) mostly related to fishing. Humor is desirable, but the rules should convey some sort of serious/educational message. I thought I would throw it out here because I'm sure FM'ers have a lot of great ideas about what is and isn't allowed at fish camp. I got a pretty good list going, but I'll just throw out my nubmer one. (keep in mind that this is an adult/ "supposed" adult only shack. SOme people fish, some don't, but all will while here.)

#1. You do not need to learn how to: tie a knot, bait your own hook, or handle a fish to go fishing. However, if you do not learn how to do these things it is going to be very difficult to catch a fish on that bare line of yours.

You are a guest at my shack.

TP is not free.

I have waste baskets and will show you where they all are.

My lawn is not your ashtray.

Do not just grab your rod and reel and leave the landing.

I will show you where you can clean your own fish if you decide to keep it.

I will catch/keep/release my own fish.

In case you forgot to thank me when you leave, I will accept a belated thank you note.

Meals are not per gratis unless you are notified in advance.

OK..none of these are funny, but you get the drift.

Good luck.

#9. There will be no trolling, bobber fishing, or jigging unless there is beer in the boat. And I'm not buying it!!!

#10. Radios are only allowed on the boat if there is 1) a Twins game on, or 2) A vikes game on.

#11. Panfishing is allowed and encouraged at all times of the day. See #9 for further instructions.

13. Newbie’s must bring a peppermint schnapps bottle as an offering to the house and fish gods to pass after a catch.

14. No farting - save it for outside-- it’s too confined

These are my favorites off that thread.. And they would still definitely apply to the cabin as well as the ice house. grinlaugh

Thanks for pointing me to the link- its a good start, but it seems like the thread lost some steam...One person brings up farting in an FM forum and the thread goes all to hell.

#15. Farting is encouraged in my boat, just don't do it in my kitchen.

I think the schnapps is a little more hard water-

Open water drink of choice- Black Velvet

My rules are simple and apply to both the boat and the ice house.

I go fishing to relax and yes catch fish.

1. Leave your drama at home. I have enough of my own, but will give you advice if you ask. You may not like the advice, but it will be honest. I would rather talk about fishing/hunting/how the kids/grands are doing or what to do if we win the lottery.

2. If you bring your cell - it should only ring if someone died.

3. Your money is no good if you are my guest. I do appreciate a little bait and gas money now and then. I don't expect anything in return - it's my pleasure to have you as a guest.

It's always nice to have friends/guests who share as I would.

4. I'm no expert, so do suggest different equipment, ways to catch fish, or spots on the lakes.

5. NO SMOKING - I don't mind if you have a few drinks or beer as I don't drink - I WILL NOT go in your vehicle or boat if you have or are going to drink unless I drive. IF you spill in the house or boat expect to clean it up.

6. Have fun and relax - life is too short for anything less.