• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I tell the hours on a 07 Optimax?

lookin4fish

I was wondering if there is a way I can tell how many hours there are on my 07 optimax. I want to put an hour meter on it but I think there may be about 100 hours on it so far. I want to run the hour meter seperate from the motor so I can get an accurate total when I install it. I assume there is a computer onboard that will tell the current usage. is that so and can I access that? if not, any idea how much it would be for a dealer to hook it up and tell me how many hours the motor has on it?

thanks

Another option that may work is to network it into NMEA and display on a newer sonar unit. I was looking into this for my '08 Yamaha and an HDS Lowrance. Haven't bought the Lowrance yet, but hope to get it all hooked up next spring when the bugs are worked out. In addition to hours, you should be able to get other goodies like engine temp, fuel usage, alarm info, etc. Very valuable info in my mind. I'm assuming someone has done this for an Opti and it's possible?

I would like to do that but I think i am converting to HB next year due to my 5 difficulties with lowrances customer service. I just want to know if I am going to spend $1500-3000 on a product, that the company I spend my money with will off take care of the customer. but thats another story. besides $40 for an hour meter is alot cheaper than all the network cables.

It is kinda odd to me that since all the suggested maitaince is at hour intervals in the manual, why they dont put a visable hour meter on the motor. The $40 part would be worth adding.

You must not have the "smart-gauges" hook-up with your Opti. I can just press a button on mine and it will let me know my hours/rpm/fuel consumption etc...I thought they were all installed with this on them. Maybe not...?